At Sainsbury’s Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people
who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
The Business Protection Team is part of the Sainsbury’s Argos Finance structure and provides proactive support to mitigate operational risk and reduce losses to help maximise profits. The Team focus on the provision of Insight, Assurance and
Innovation whilst protecting our brand, customers and colleagues from crime and the threat of crime.
Prioritises the protection of our people, customers and the business across our multi-channel operations. To efficiently deter, defend and detect risks across all operational and transactional channels where customer, operation
and payment risk is impacted. Engage, support, collaborate and influence our multi-channel operations, providing professional investigations and expertise on all aspects of crime and risk, acting as the single point of contact for all law enforcement and crime related
In a nutshell:
Working as part of a team of Fraud Risk Assessors you will detect, prevent and investigate pre and post order fraud and suspected fraud to minimise financial loss whilst protecting genuine customers and business reputation.
What I need to do:
* To identify and prevent fraud within the Card Not Present (CNP) payment process using the fraud tools available.
* To investigate suspected high risk transactions, using judgement and experience to assess each case.
* Perform rules analysis of real-time fraud strategy to improve performance, including preventing fraud and maintaining an acceptable good customer decline rate.
* Take appropriate action to identify and help minimise the risk posed by fraud patterns and trends.
* Investigate instances of customer “friendly” fraud post-delivery, such as high value disputed delivery cases.
* Carry out analysis of all card not present chargebacks, providing defences to issuers where required.
* Consistently achieve/exceed weekly productivity and quality standards.
* Provide management reporting of fraud strategy performance and make recommendations for changes that willdrive positive results.
* Establish relationships across a variety of internal and external bodies in order to increase knowledge base and understand points of contact for the benefit of any investigation.
* Make recommendations and highlight potential issues or changes to drive process improvement.
* Participate in ad hoc projects/assignments as necessary to contribute towards increased operational efficiency.
* Understand and gain knowledge of fraud trends both internally and within wider retail industry * To be the point of contact for internal and external reports for information regarding fraud or suspected fraud CNP transactions.
How I will succeed:
* Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive and detail orientated.
* Continually strive to improve processes through keen attention to detail and highlighting any issues and recommendations.
* Maintain high levels of accuracy (both numerate and literate) with excellent problem solving skills.
* Demonstrate integrity and confidentiality, be proactive, self-motivated and take ownership.
* Have an inquisitive nature, able to interrogate information without making assumptions.
* Demonstrate ability to analyse problems logically to generate rational data driven outcomes.
* A proactive focus towards query resolution and analysing the root cause to prevent future repetition.
* Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers.
* Be a confident communicator at all levels with strong negotiation skills.
What I need to know:
* You will have knowledge in the field of CNP fraud and risk analysis, or have demonstrable transferable skills and a capacity to learn quickly.
* Good Excel is a must, along with a passion for data investigation and manipulation.
* Knowledge of online order management systems and CMC operations.
* You will have a good understanding of crime trends impacting online channels.
* Online experience within the retail sector.
* Ability to analyse data to provide and present insight in an engaging and clear manner.
We know that candidates may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not apply and see how it goes?
Here at Sainsbury’s Argos we’re a proud equal opportunities employer that values diversity at every level of our business. Inclusion and Diversity are fundamental to our culture and values, fostering an innovative, collaborative and fast paced work environment that means we can build a better future for our colleagues and our customers. Everyone is welcome at Sainsbury’s Argos. Want to find out more? Then visit our Diversity & Inclusion page on our Careers site – www.argos.careers/diversityandinclusion