In a nutshell
To oversee delivery of production for all Publications across (Argos catalogue, flyers and Gift Guide) through management and leadership of the Visual Brief and PE team. Ensuring all publications are delivered on time, to a high quality that meet brief, customer expectations, brand guidelines and are within budget. Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement process and system improvements and efficiencies in ways of working that deliver benefits to the business (cost, workload & speed to market). To support the wider Publications and Marketing teams as and when required to drive synergies and a One Team ethos.
What I need to do
* Lead and manage the team in the timely and accurate delivery of pages for all publications to meet brief,customer expectations, brand guidelines and remain within budget
* Proactive stakeholder management to ensure timely approval of creative direction & cost efficient production
* Proactive Budgetary management, including frequent reconciliations, budget creation, invoice/PO control.
* Identify & deliver opportunities to improve ways of working to deliver benefits of cost, speed to market, accuracy & workload easing (operational excellence leadership).
* Proactive & cost efficient management of resource to ensure sufficient capacity available to deliver peak
* Identify in advance any risks to production and resolve/raise with line manager.
* Improved team engagement through colleague development, performance management, setting of SMART objectives & skill set alignment across the team.
* Support Publications Production Manager with task and in identifying & delivering improved ways of working as required.
How I will succeed
Through application of commercial judgement applied to resolve production challenges. Able to work with a high degree of autonomy with minimal manager support. Apply strong planning skills to look forward & anticipate issues. Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Able to work to a high degree of accuracy. Is emotionally resilient. You will manage and deliver through your team, motivating and developing others along the way. You are adept at securing support & buy-in from key stakeholders, engaging and credible when sharing data and making recommendations. Ensuring all publications are delivered within set budgets; required to track expenditure, raise purchase orders and highlight issues promptly.
What I need to know
Technical knowledge; Comfortable using systems & IT literate. Strong visual awareness with eye for detail. Able to succeed in a fast-paced operational environment. Knowledge of product information systems, artwork production & pre-press processes in desirable. Process governance and improvement skills an advantage.
What I need to show
Able to deliver task through others in a pressurised environment. Positive influencing skills across a range of stakeholders. Challenging of peers & managers in a positive productive manner. Demonstrate strong team leadership skills. Demonstrate success in an operational environment. You are able to make decisions at pace & are comfortable working to tight deadlines.
Resources available to me Publications/Visual Brief Executives – (E grades)
What decisions I can make
* Identifying ways of working improvements to existing processes
* The job holder will be required to respond to challenges & issues through the course of each project and be able to influence stakeholders using a high level of initiative & lateral thinking to resolve in the mostneffective manner
* Be able to articulate problems & opportunities and work closely with suppliers in delivering solutions.
* Determine most efficient workflows to deploy on all Publications.