* To oversee the publications executives to ensure all Argos publications are delivered to
budget, within deadlines and are customer focused
* To work with all stakeholders to project manage end to end production of own allocation
* Ensure Publications Executives are fully trained on all process and systems
* To articulate overall production status and highlight any risks promptly to ensure impacts to production are addressed.
KEY RESULT AREAS
decisions and actions.
* Publications delivered to schedule, budget and are customer focused
* Proactive stakeholder management to ensure timely completion of briefing and artwork approval
* Forward plan to identify potential risks to production. Problem solve to mitigate any delays and highlight any possible issues to Publications Manager.
* Influence teams to ensure ownership of accurate metrics enabling control & governance
* Provide a forward looking view that challenges the status quo.
* Develop mutually beneficial close working relationships with key stakeholders with the purpose of supporting the team and escalating issues.
* Ability to track expenditure of individual projects, raise and approve purchase orders where appropriate.
* Key role for ensuring production is delivered accurately, on time with all processes
* Key role for deepening existing stakeholder management ensuring escalation processes are
followed where appropriate.
* Ability to represent the team at governance meetings
* High levels of impact with peer group & management team for anyone connected to
* External stakeholders; agencies, Suppliers
* Stakeholder management across relevant business areas; Trading, Marketing (Own Brand,
Campaign and Promotions, Creative), Digital
Technical knowledge and practical experience
The qualifications, technical skills, knowledge and the work experience
Knowledge of end to end production process. Strong project management skills, work to tight deadlines and make decisions at pace. Able to deliver tasks through others in a pressurised environment Worked in a fast paced operational environment with multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy with minimal manager support
Make winning decisions...with insightful thinking and clear direction
Numerate. Demonstrate a track record of using metrics to drive production process improvements. Strong planning and organisational skills Influential, confident in making decisions using metrics to support
Deliver results...through ownership, drive and resilience
Has drive & pace in a fast changing environment. Confident, direct & challenging approach. Able to influence stakeholders in a positive manner. Commercial awareness. Ability to manage ambiguity & articulate recommendations for improvements
Proven influence across peer group and stakeholders. Not afraid to challenge the norm. Sets stretching targets & able to hold peers accountable to them. Deliver training sessions to existing and new team members Leadership and presentation skills
Positive influencing skills across a range of stakeholders. Engaging and credible when leading team huddles, making recommendations to improve team outcome. Challenging of peers & managers in a positive productive manner.
Technical and Leadership
Potential to develop to functional Job