In a nutshell
Sainsbury’s Argos Paid Search team is responsible for the growth and continuous improvement of an industry leading and award winning Paid Search program, and is a rapidly growing discipline within the group.
As Paid Search Assistant Analyst, you will own the activation and optimisation of our Paid Search efforts across all publishers and formats. Our mission is to deliver a performance media ecosystem with the best of breed technology, data, targeting, strategy for all paid media. At Sainsbury’s Argos we believe in delivering superior media efficacy, complete transparency, and leading edge innovation with the customer at the heart of our campaigns.
Key to this role is to support the execution of paid search marketing across text, PLA, LIA, places and comparison shopping, in addition to new and emerging areas to maximise search coverage, online traffic and profitable sales for argos.co.uk and Tu.co.uk
What I need to do
* Support the Paid Search Manager in implementing a paid search marketing plan that maximises coverage, traffic and sales via the Search channel. The plan should be executed with balance across longer term search strategy, the wider marketing strategy and current commercial performance.
* Execute the essential paid search optimisation activities systematically and with continuous diligence including:
o Keywords research, campaign and ad copy creation
o Monitoring of KPIs in line with budget to activate on general optimisations
o Data analysis using a range of tools to answer business questions
o Report creation and delivery, including forecasting and KPI assessment
* To do this primarily through direct management of allocated campaign vertical (such as product category), and activating agency partners or 3rd parties where applicable.
* Set up and management accountability for technology partners in partiocualr bid management, ensuring portfolios,
* Maintain a ‘performance first’ attitude in which all campaigns are carefully managed to secure the maximum return on investment
* Use all possible data sources and business metrics (product, customer, sales) to measure the performance of the channel and work independently to address and opportunity or underperforming areas
* Support the continuous development of the channel through rolling out new campaigns, testing, trialling new features and formats
* Implement and maintain the Paid Search promotional plan that will reflect ecommerce, category and corporate marketing plan
* Take on a champion role – all team members have an allocated championship in which they lead strategy and development (such as places optimisation, or bing ads). * Take ownership of industry knowledge, ensuring up to date qualification and self-driven development, in addition to a growing awareness of industry developments across digital/search trends and bid management technologies.
How I will succeed
* By ensuring that budget is spent to optimise profitable return on investment to the business
* By ensuring that budget is spent to achieve clearly defined commercial objectives
* By taking a ‘performance first’ approach and ensuring that the paid search program is constantly innovating, iterating, testing, measuring and implementing improvements
* By working closely with ecommerce and commercial stakeholders to ensure that the paid search program aligns with commercial strategy
What I need to know
Up-to-date Adwords and Bing advanced qualifications – this is paramount as an agency-standard in-house team
Appreciation of the inner workings and KPI flow of paid search with applied understanding of how to tweak these to influence positive business outcomes.
Significant experience working within the paid search channel
* Significant analytical skills and ability to manipulate data, with a strong grasp of intermediate excel skills (pivot tables, lookups).
* A strong understanding of the principles of performance marketing, and how to use insight to make media choices
* A strong understanding of the principles of ecommerce and how paid channels can be used to drive demand
* Must be able to use a variety of data sources (search data, analytics, omniture, etc) to spot opportunities and act accordingly
What I need to show
* A desire to demonstrate channel excellence
* A willingness to undertake significant continuous development to maintain knowledge of a fast moving specialism
* A self starter – must be willing and able to use a variety of data sources to spot opportunities and continuously improve their part of the Paid Search program
* Collaboration within the Digital Marketing team to ensure that campaigns are optimised across channel, not just within a single individuals area of accountability
* Close collaboration with ecommerce and commercial teams to coordinate activities to commercial priorities
* An ability to prioritise workloads and act quickly when an opportunity has been identified