In a nutshell
Sainsbury’s Argos Paid Search team is responsible for the growth and continuous improvement of an industry leading and award winning Paid Search program, and is a rapidly growing discipline within the group.
As Paid Search Manager, you will lead the planning, activation and optimisation of our Paid Search efforts across all publishers and formats. Our mission is to deliver a performance media ecosystem with the best of breed technology, data, targeting, strategy for all paid media. At Sainsbury’s Argos we believe in delivering superior media efficacy, complete transparency, and leading edge innovation with the customer at the heart of our campaigns.
Key to this role is the ownership of the paid search strategy and day to day management of our accounts, setting and meeting performance goals, exceeding business trading expectations, tracking projects, and nurturing a growing team.
This role includes responsibility for developing recommendations about the future of our performance marketing eco-system, including use of bid optimisation technology, trackinginfrastructure and the wider marketing technology product stack.
What I need to do
Strategy, Technology and Agency partners
** With support of Data Science teams, continuously challenge program status quo with the development of a continuous ‘test-and-learn’ strategy, ensuring execution has high standards of methodical accuracy.
* Build and deploy a methodology for integration of profit margin aligned objective sets, working closely with Data and Merchandising teams to account for common changes and nuances
* With support of Marketing Development & Technology Manager, establish an ecosystem which integrates an array of data sets for improved decision making and program optimisation including; cross-channel, tv buys, digital media buys, commercial and customer datas.
* In line with Digital and Data teams, develop and deploy an approach to attribution modelling for paid search as part of the wider digital media, and full media mix programs.*
* In line with Digital Marketing Assistant, establish a cogent internal communication and documentation service to ensure democratisation of data and information across the wider marketing and business functions.
* Act as a group wide evangelist for Paid Search, establishing a channel council across business units to drive Sainsbury’s Group forward as a digital leader.
* With support of Marketing Development & Technology Manager, enhance team capability through process and workflow improvements using technologies and training
* Promote data-driven analysis and insights to improve campaign effectiveness and value to Sainsbury’s Argos. This includes advanced analytics to measure campaign revenue contribution, mobile and app contribution, cross-channel impact, end-to-end program development
* Develop a reporting cadence to support category trading initiatives while balancing overall program objectives,
* Build a complimentary competitor monitoring reporting suite with Data Team to influence day-to-day decision making and as an input to automations where relevant
* Establish an agile approach to continuous improvement, by balancing complex retail nuances accounting for customer acquisition, product sales, and commercial trading.
* Develop beneficial media partner relationships with Google and Bing, including robust and well communicated joint business plans.
* Deepen collaboration across the Digital Marketing team and approach business opportunities and challenges with a cross-channel lens * Accountability for the planning, measurement and tracking of a sizable budget with accountability to finance and leadership teams in line with Digital Marketing Assistant.
* In line with Customer Value Management team, develop and deploy a thorough segmentation strategy aligned with business objectives to promote customer value and enhance our customer experience off-site.
* Manage the paid search media marketing budget in-line performance expectations.
How I will succeed
* Paid Search program meets commercial objectives
* Continued improvement in return on investment across all channels
* Development and execution of a clear, innovative paid search strategy with identified best in class technology and agency partners
What I need to know
* Deep appreciation and hands on development of product feeds and feed technology including data sources, flows, formats and publisher policy considerations.
* An ideal candidate is uncompromisingly data-driven, highly detailed oriented, a creative problem solver, and is a self-starter who is excited to work in a high velocity and innovative industry.*
* You must be highly numerate – you will be accountable for explaining and improving the performance of the channel
* You must be experienced at managing significant budgets and highly organised to manage multiple priorities * You must be a skilled people manager, able to divide a significant workload among a large team, and developing processes to govern performance across the team * You will aspire to become a recognised thought leader in the industry and have technical experience of running a paid search program from the ground up
What I need to show
* Up-to-date Adwords and Bing advanced qualifications – this is paramount as an agency-standard in-house team
* Extensive experience with planning, running and growing large-scale PPC accounts via AdWords, Bing Ads, and via third party big management platforms
* Depth of practical experience in an array of leading industry tools across, analytics, bid management, feed management and data visualisation
* Ability to coach internal digital, marketing and commercial teams to use digital media effectively to improve our customer experience and acquisition.
* Managing a team of paid search Executives and developing cross team relationships will be a large part of this role so effective communication, leadership, and professionalism is imperative.
* You will need to drive channel understanding and excellence into the Paid Search team, ensuring that the team demonstrates industry leading practices across all campaigns
Resources available to me
* 9 x FTE
* Full agency support
What decisions I can make
* Full accountability for allocation and performance of budget
* Full accountability for agency choice
* Supporting role in technology choices