Technical lead for all CVM campaign activities carried out on behalf of Argos ensuring campaign activities are
implemented efficiently and accurately.
Lead the best practise use of tools used by CVM. This includes the IBM Campaign Tool used to develop and
manage the suite of CVM campaigns & personalised campaign treatments, it will also include NBA which will
be used to deliver customer prompts & recommendations for retention, growth, relationship, service &
research goals in and across channels
Enable high productivity use of the campaign tool by leading best practise in campaign design & set-up of
new campaigns. Ensure that new types of campaigns and existing campaigns are set-up optimally and
enable automation and processing efficiency.
Provide a single point of technical expertise to ensure efficient running of campaign operations, working with
partners to define, acquire & run data interfaces ensuring CVM team have access to best tools and data
Responsible for continuous & efficient operation of the campaign tool, investigating and resolving any issues
with the tool & and its processes, liaising with IS, vendors and data providers as needed. In depth analysis
and correction of slow campaigns, incorrect or inefficient logic and issues relating to use of relational data and
different levels of data (e.g. entity, email, customer, household)
Responsible for the accuracy of campaign data used in CVM Campaigns which in turn is needed to achieve
channel and business goals. Responsibility includes investigating and documenting all data and sources
required for campaigns whether it is data accessed directly in house and through 3rd parties. Responsibility
also encompasses the design, mapping and approach to making data available to campaign operations team.
Champion the development and implementation of CVM across the business. Influence stakeholders &
effectively implement customer value management in channels and business functions
KEY RESULT AREAS
Summarise in 6-8 statements the principal end results expected from the job. Indicate where possible
accountability for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
Argos Customer Value Management
Develop and deliver CVM campaigning for Argos
* Design, develop and maintain schedule for implementing CVM campaigns efficiently.
* Champion CVM, data and campaign best practise with a diverse range of stakeholders across the
* Set-up, optimise and execute best practise campaigns in the campaign tool to ensure high
productivity and efficient campaign tool to support campaigns in and across channels.
* Work with internal partners to ensure CVM have access to the best possible data, modelled data,
derived data and response data to use in campaign selection & reporting
* Define and agree SLA’s, database requirements, interface requirements & design
* Define test strategy, test plans & definitions for any tool & data developments * Deliver and promote continuous improvement for CVM Campaigns through identifying system capabilities, new best of breed tools, best marketing practises and best approach for their adoption (including campaign management, campaign reporting, channel integration, campaign optimisation, NBA) Development and implementation of customer plans * Lead best practise build & execution of data campaigns required to deliver customer segment plans across multiple offline & online channels * Build & maintain a library of campaign templates and re-usable campaign assets to support campaign productivity & automation * Ensure data used in CVM activity is fit for purpose, managed to customer preference and secure * Ensuring Argos CVM activities are fully compliant with all legal data requirements * Implement customer contact rules (suppression, frequency & recency and prioritisation) and maintain contact history Responsible of driving CVM campaigns performance * Lead training of users to ensure that best use of tool capabilities * Ensure uninterrupted supply of data and operation of tool needed to run highly targeted campaigns & campaign treatments * Investigate & resolve any issues relating to use of the tool – processes not running, manual stop & re-start of processes, diagnosing issues and implementing solutions * Investigate and resolve any issues relating to campaigns – incorrect or inefficient campaign logic, slow running campaigns, incorrect or in efficient use of data relationships & data tables, incorrect use of data levels, entities and attributes. * Ensure housekeeping activities are performed to maintain ongoing efficiency of tool * Maximise efficiency of campaign process through campaign best practise including re-usable campaign templates, channel integration and automation * Support delivery of incremental revenue growth and achievement of agreed customer goals through campaign productivity, process efficiency and optimisation of campaigns * Support Integration of campaigns across channels ensuring ability to tailor campaign treatments and delivery of value add data to help channel conversion and revenue delivery, customer retention, relationship building and customer satisfaction. * Ensure continuous improvement through contact evaluation and learning; interpretation and presentation of results and learnings back to the business
DIMENSIONS (BREADTH OF ROLE AND IMPACT WITHIN THE ORGANISATION)
Operating across the full breadth of Argos (i.e. all channels, all categories, all customers) to deliver optimum
customer mix and return on investment
Role has significant impact on delivery of Argos Strategic Goals for Market Share, growth and revenue
Role has significant impact on overall top line revenue delivery for Argos business and also achievement of
bottom line profit expectations
Responsible for direct to customer marketing activities in Argos channels and growth of customer
engagement and participation
Responsible for implementing CVM campaigns across Argos channels & business units
DIMENSIONS (STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT)
This role will need to engage at senior management level internally and with key 3rd party partners – digital
agencies, marketing suppliers, technology providers, merchandise suppliers, CVM consultants and
Technical and operational knowledge of tools and process required to deliver best of breed CVM and campaigns. IBM Campaign essential Technical knowledge and practical experience of working with data including the principles of databases, data selection logic and data regulations Technical database & data systems knowledge with strong SQL skills and ability to tune poorly performing SQL and campaign logic Must be able to communicate clearly and work with business partners and campaign operations team to deliver shared commercial goals including revenue/profit, retention & relationship outcomes Experience & familiarity with systems, data, system design, definition of system interfaces and security Ability to interpret business requirements, produce requirements documentation, interpret system implications and testing plans Be a CVM advocate able to inspire business & IS buy in Practical knowledge and experience of Life-cycle management, campaigning, modelling & analytics, reporting & evaluation Experience of interpreting/interrogating digital analytics tools and driving insight led decision making Experience of working with and across multiple channels to deliver customer next best activity Experience of delivering CRM in other organisations
Able to deliver across multiple dimensions at pace in constantly changing environment Is personally resilient and embraces change Able to deal with adversity and challenge whilst moving towards and agreed outcome Seeks to clarify ambiguity and can work through complex strategic problems to deliver business benefit Is tenacious in pursuing the adoption of CVM and making Argos a customer & data centric business
Sets high standards for team and leads by example Able to engage, excite and educate colleagues from across the business to share CVM goals Is prepared to deliver challenging feedback in order to get buy-in for own priorities and support to overcome obstacles Creates a culture of stretch and challenge backed by support and ability to coach team to deliver success
Sound communication skills used to engage stakeholders at all levels and simplify often complex technologies and processes Able to understand strategic goals & direction and operate at a practical level to be able to influence colleagues & stakeholders. Is passionate about data & customers and is able to engage and mobilising colleagues in the CVM journey Recognises success even in the face of adversity and ensures learning opportunities are embraced both personally and for her/his team.