To support the Merchandising team in the planning, controlling and monitoring of the purchasing, intake and distribution of merchandise in order to maximise sales and margin on the designated departments.
Since 1964, Habitat has been challenging the way people style and shop for their homes.
We’re an iconic homeware and furniture retailer that’s going through exciting times: our priority is a growing on line business that currently accounts for over 60% of the P&L plus three long-standing London flagship stores, and a network of smaller customer touch-points throughout the UK including Sainsbury’s and Argos.
For over 50 years Habitat has created good design that’s useful, distinctive and just a little witty. We recognise that today there are more brands than ever selling furniture, but we’re strong in our conviction that we’re true originals, because almost every piece in our collection is designed by us.
As the Merchandising Assistant you’ll:
• Action and monitor stock replenishment to the website, flagship and Mini Habitat stores.
• Assist the commercial teams to successfully roll out new Mini Habitat stores within the critical path.
• Monitor store/DC stocks by line each week and report exceptions to merchandising team.
• Liaise with Group contacts on a regular basis to identify stock replenishment opportunities/challenges.
• Assist the Merchandiser in planning, managing and maintaining the stock levels in store to ensure maximum availability within budget.
• Assist the Merchandiser in reviewing and updating of sales, margin, stock and markdown forecasts.
• Assist the Merchandiser in preparing information for range reviews.
• Support the merchandising team with data manipulation and report generation in a timely manner.
As a Merchandising Assistant you’re:
• Have worked in a digitally focused environment and/or personally be a digital shopper customer to have insight that trading channel
• Excellent on Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook
• An excellent communicator – confident at all levels and across multiple team
• A logical thinker & problem solver
• An individual with strong numeracy and literacy skills, with great attention to detail
• Organised & efficient
• Self-motivated with a strong drive to achieve
• Have a passion for homewares & furniture
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Have a keen interest in developing a career in Merchandising – you’ll get regular feedback on how you are performing technically & behaviourally against the role expectations