Senior UI Developer
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers as we embark on a journey involving DevOps, Microservices and Machine Learning. Engineers who have an understanding of micro services, planning and architecting, developing, testing, releasing and operating. We are looking for Engineers who are able to talk about what they have done and how we develop as a team.
In terms of language, we don’t say “just Java”. We are seeking an open minded approach to languages, and as a Senior Software Engineer you should be able to identify what language is good for what approach. Let’s not use Java for ingest services if Python is quicker.
We need engineers with excellent knowledge of testing frameworks, setting up event-driven development, message queue etc. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be at the forefront of driving our technology and ways of working.
What you'll be doing
* Working in an agile environment cooperating with Product Managers and business stakeholders to design, develop and build microservices that would remove some of the legacy dependency
* Working in an agile environment cooperating with Product and UX to produce an excellent, user friendly experience
* Applying best UI engineering practices with other team members, using merge requests to maintain code quality across teams
* Discussing and developing skills with other UI team members at the fortnightly UI developer meetings
* Working closely with DevOps to establish an independent continuous integration and deployment approach for these new services
* Bouncing off design ideas among team members to achieve a scalable solution
* Performing the role of a design authority within the team with the ability to perform peer reviews and providing constructive improvements/feedback
* Mentoring the junior and graduate engineers within the team on best practices
* Working with the wider engineering team to influence new technology, methods and frameworks.
* Applying best engineering practices with other team members, and maintain code quality across applications.
* Leading and influencing team members on technical decisions and design.
* Introducing new technology, methods and frameworks to the software development organisation
* Liaising with other agile teams to unblock issues and get things delivered
* Ensuring suitable testing is planned and executed
How will you be doing this?
* Fluxible (with the intention to migrate to Redux)
* CSS & Sass
* TDD/BDD (CucumberJS, Jasmine & Chai, JSX unit testing)
* NPM task management
Experience & Skills
* Preferably a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
* Experience in processing pull requests and keeping up standards
* Experience in testing web applications, both Unit and Functional
* Ideally you have a github presence and open source contributions
* Experience working in a retail environment
The imagining, building, operating and evolving of great technology is the engine of growth for Argos.
Argos Technology is behind the website (900million visits per year), Apps (6million downloads), the supply chain and distribution (same day delivery). We are the engine making everything work; solving problems and building software, fast, with the aim of creating unrivalled user experience for our customers. We’re looking for engineers with a strong belief in agile delivery, who believe in fully testable and maintainable code. You need to have a curious mind and always looking for opportunities to improve solutions, process, yourself.
Argos is changing it's technology platform from a monolithic architecture to microservices, based on Java, React.js and Cloud computing. We need a solid, well tested code base to accelerate our Agile innovation and this role is key to providing that in our new landscape.