IT Commercial Manager
Here at Sainsbury’s Argos we think about technology in a different way. We are builders and we are building the future of Retail.
We build technologies that customers and colleagues love and other builders respect. But we’re building more than technologies, we’re also building ourselves.
That means we build: our teams; our careers; our own unique ways of working; our relationships with established suppliers and with the open source community, researchers and start-ups; our professional networks; our ways of learning; our ways of innovating; our influence; our leadership skills; and our technical skills.
We have been ranked the 2nd largest digital retailer in the UK and have just been awarded with 'Tech Retailer of The Year 2017.'
Our technology teams are expanding and we have a number of roles for talented people to join a team with real ambition. In the end, we expect to build the best place in the world to build the best tech in retail, an opportunity that is just too good to miss.
The IT Commercial Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of all the commercial, vendor, contract and software asset management functions for Sainsbury’s Argos IT (SAIT), covering all IT suppliers to Sainsbury’s Argos, Argos Financial Services and Habitat.
* Lead, manage and develop c.15 IT professionals within the team e.g. Vendor Managers, Software Asset Management Specialists, Software Configuration Management Specialists, Contracts Managers, Contract Performance Analysts
* Motivate, coach and develop team members to achieve excellent performance
* Provide expert advisory services to the whole of Sainsbury’s Argos IT to ensure the delivery of highly accurate, comprehensive and value-added information
* Manage budgets, cost centres and suppliers both direct and indirect, internal and external
* Lead and deliver the vendor strategy through a team of professional Vendor and Contracts Managers
* Shape and define governance and reporting approaches
* Direct and lead negotiations around contract under-performance and bring issues to a successful resolution
* Drive and influence 3rd parties to achieve excellence in service delivery and negotiate compensation following an incident or failure
* Lead the assessment and review of experiences (both positive and negative) from users of vendor services and create a single IT perspective of effectiveness and opportunities for improvement to drive greater value
* Lead and deliver a strong and effective focus on Vendor Management that highlights and addresses issues, dependencies and risks to plans. Ensure regular and effective reporting of performance
* Direct and lead negotiations for major deals and the variation of contractual terms and contract schedules
* Create and maintain a long-term commercial roadmap
* Direct the shortlisting and selection of vendors to ensure the systems and services are future-proofed and aligned to Sainsbury’s Argos technical strategy and principles
* Provide a commercial ‘consultancy’ service to the IT function at both a strategic and tactical level
* Oversee all aspects of IT asset management including: software and hardware asset management; software configuration management; licencing control
* Collaborate with colleagues in Group Procurement
* Engage with, influence and manage the expectations of key stakeholders
* Take the initiative and be proactive influencing on all aspects of vendor selection, vendor management and contract letting
* Establish and maintain credibility as an IT leader across the Sainsbury’s Argos business up to Board level
* Be the ‘go to’ person for the vendors, enabling SAIT to get maximum benefit from the largest and most strategic relationships
* Take specific accountability for the success of our strategic supplier relationships
* Hold a commercially-oriented degree and a Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualification
* Experience of managing large multi-million-pound IT contracts and controlling large budgets
* Extensive experience of managing strategic IT vendors
* Experience working in a Retail organisation
* A strong understanding and experience of retail and regulated financial services IT support services and business management is essential
* Healthcare cover
* Company pension – We double your 4% or 5% contribution
* Discount at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat
* Holidays – 24 to 27 with the option to buy up to 10 days per year
* Bonus – from 15 to 50%
* Sharesave scheme – Risk-free way to buy shares at a discounted rate
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work scheme
* Season Ticket Loan
* 2 days paid leave to volunteer to an organisation close to your heart
* One professional subscription per year