We are the Builders of ArgosTech and we are building the future of retail
We build technologies that customers and colleagues love and other builders respect. But we’re building more than technologies, we’re also building ourselves.
The future of retail technology won’t come from a single effort or invention, but rather from ArgosTech teams empowered to build that future. That’s why we invest in people and teams, not projects.
Our Engineering teams build new tech in greenfield status across several digital channels such as our Website (1B yearly visits), In Store Digital Tablets (12M+ monthly users), Mobile Apps (6M+ downloads) and 900 Retail Stores. We have been ranked the 2nd largest digital retailer in the UK and have just been awarded with 'Tech Retailer of The Year 2017.'
In the end, we expect to build the best place in the world to build the best tech in retail.
As a dynamic and progressive organisation, Argos is continually adapting its operating models and organisational boundaries. IT forms a significant part of that change landscape and network connectivity is fundamental to that change.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will work closely with the Network Architect and designers translating design in to tangible and enduring Network solutions.
As a key member of the retained organisation you will help shape solutions and not be afraid to challenge current thinking and incumbent technologies, in fact this is actively encouraged.
What you’ll be doing
* Collaborate with Service Partners, Architects, Delivery Managers, Platform Engineers and Business teams to understand required outcomes
* Work on network designs with Architects and Designers to establish deliverables on a per initiative basis
* Deliver the network elements that support the required outcome
* Use knowledge of the estate and any related service issues to identify areas requiring rework
* Work with Architects to nominate areas for rework onto future workplans
* Provide direction and support within immediate team to ensure a strong and consistent service is delivered to your key stakeholder
* Extensive experience in a similar role in an IT Engineering environment
* Design and deployment experience
* Excellent decision-maker demonstrating informed judgement focussing on outcomes both short and long term
* Ability to quickly be able to assimilate and respond to risks and issues
* Company pension – We double your 4% or 5% contribution
* Discount at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat
* Holidays – 24 to 27 with the option to buy up to 10 days per year
* Private Healthcare
* Sharesave scheme – Risk-free way to buy shares at a discounted rate
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work scheme
* Season Ticket Loan
* 2 days paid leave to volunteer to an organisation close to your heart
* One professional subscription per year