Have you heard of Sainsbury’s Argos? Two iconic brands came together last year, and we lovingly call our bit - the non-food business of Sainsbury’s – Sainsbury’s Argos.
It’s the newly-formed non-food subsidiary of Sainsbury’s, encompassing the supermarket group’s non-food business (including clothing), Argos and Habitat.
We’re just starting out on an ambitious growth plan; to continue transform our business into a digital leader, adding Argos stores into Sainsbury’s stores and leveraging both supply chains where possible.
This means we are creating new roles to help support our future vision and we have a brand new one right here……
Head of Store Replenishment – Non-Food & Clothing
Do you have an ability to work in a pressurised environment? Do you have an unerring passion in getting products into the hands of customers? Interested in leading a team of over 50 people, to deliver the seamless replenishment execution of GM & Clothing product to over 2000 store locations?
The Head of the Store Replenishment is responsible for ensuring products are flowed through the Supply Chain and into end retail destinations accurately and efficiently. Occupant of the role must be able to consistently seek opportunities to optimise flow routes and effective management of inventory are core deliverables
The implementation of new Ranging, Forecasting and Replenishment systems will be key. Championing change cross functionally, leading a significant change in “ways of working” and developing more advanced internal skills including analytical insight - will be fundamental to success. Leading the team with resilience, the ability to develop the future vision for the newly combined business, and a laser focus is essential.
So, what does this role involve?
What I need to do
- Be accountable for customer availability and the management of stock levels across GM and Clothing
- Through cross functional collaboration, create and land a store activity calendar to ensure the accurate delivery of products into the store estate (forecasting & replenishment)
- Review current ways of working and establish technological requirements to develop future forecasting and replenishment capabilities across the newly combined business
- Champion change to ensure the Teams embrace and implement new tools, techniques and technology seamlessly to the customer
- Collaborative planning with all key stakeholders e.g. Merchandising, IT, Logistics and Retail
- Actively manage compliance within the Supply Chain replenishment area – covering Internal, external, Data and Physical assets
- Partake and conduct compliance/replenishment audits– delivering any actions that may cover general Governance, legal & customs
- Support the delivery of the broader corporate strategy through effective and inspiring Leadership
- Coach and lead the team to control all levels of intake and planning volumes in line with store stockholding targets and to deliver improved product availability and stock holding efficiencies
-Lead & role model collaboration with Buying, Merchandising, IT, Logistics and Retail teams, supporting cross functional working across the team
- Lead, motivate, inspire and manage a diverse team to deliver overall corporate targets, provide ongoing coaching and ensure individuals are developed to their full potential
- Ensure the development potential of the team and others are realised by continuous coaching
About you – what do I need to know and show to be a success in this role?
What I need to know
- Detailed understanding of Store Ranging, Forecasting & Replenishment, ideally within a GM and Clothing environment
- Understanding of future technologies as digitization evolves and becomes reality
- Understanding of 3rd Party applications to be knowledgeable and influence the strategic agenda
- A good understanding of the Argos forecasting & replenishment tools will be an advantage to support leveraging the best of both of organisations
- At appropriate level of experience in a senior supply chain merchandising, forecasting & replenishment leadership role
- Proven track record of delivering change
- Excellent leadership skills
- Demonstrable skills in the delivery of sales, profit and stock targets in a complex and fast-moving environment.
- Proven ability to communicate a clear vision and inspire, motivate and coach a large team to achieve outstanding performance.
- Excellent commercial, trading and data interpretation skills.
- Ability to work & problem solve cross-functionally in a complex organisational structure, prioritising and managing multiple tasks.
What I need to show
- Strong commercial acumen that can be translated to identify inefficiencies or opportunities within the replenishment/allocation area
- Robust analytical skills, with the ability to translate insight to operators of the Supply Chain
- A strong understanding of “End to End” Supply Chain processes – inclusive of international shipping and merchandising processes
- A clear capability to understand complexity, along with the ability to provide clear direction to a wide cross functional team
- Advanced stakeholder management and communication skills are key to success within this role
- The ability to drive improvements with inventory availability, supply chain execution, product fulfilment and cost to serve measures are core deliverables of any strategic initiatives proposed.
- An understanding of the lean methodology – to inform where process inefficancies exist
- Motivational and inspirational leadership – actively looking to develop, retain and recruit talent
- Passionate about delivering great customer service – aiming to get customers what they want, when they want it
- Above all of that, we are looking for an inspirational leader and change advocate, to lead the function with an open style.
Sound like you? Then click apply for an exciting new challenge.