Service Delivery Manager – Network Services
Technology is the driving force behind Argos’ success online, in stores, in logistics, in back office, in trading, in ranging, in design, in marketing and everywhere else in the company. We know our customers, colleagues and shareholders depend on ArgosTech to drive our success and while we respect the significance of the challenge, honestly, we live for this kind of responsibility.
As the Service Delivery Manager for Networks & Telephony, you will operate in collaboration with our key service partners to deliver of world class IT services which our customers and colleagues can take-for-granted will work brilliantly every day.
This role covers a broad spectrum of activity, including elements of; service management, incident management, change management, problem management, continual service improvement, Disaster Recovery (DR), Business Continuity (BCP), strategy & planning and vendor relationship management.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with all-round service management experience, preferably in Networks & Telephony, able to easily build relationships, quickly appreciate how IT is used by the business, communicate clearly and can think-on-your-feet.
What you’ll be doing (typically)
* Working with a team of service assurance managers and strategic service partners, you will deliver great service to Sainsburys Argos colleagues and customers on a day-to-day basis
* Being the ‘go-to’ person for the Network & Telephony service tower, providing a point of escalation and managing situations that require increased awareness or to offer help and guidance
* Engaging in resolution of major incidents, ensuring that root cause analysis is completed in a timely manner, lessons are learnt, next steps & actions are followed up on
* Managing the performance of 3 – 5 strategic service partners, formally reviewing service levels, operational agreements and other performance metrics on a regular basis
* Using strong problem management & trend analysis processes, analyzing incident data to identify underlying problems, defining and delivering activity to drive down incident volumes and to prevent on-going or significant operational impact
* Taking a structured approach to continually improving the service offering, working with existing tools and processes to manage an improvement backlog for the area
* Engaging with the Platform engineering team to understand and take-on support of new tools, technologies and platforms
* Providing assessment & sign-off of changes, being able to understand and articulate the technical and operational impact of change.
* Supporting activity to design and transition new services as early as possible in their delivery lifecycle
* Ensuring that Disaster Recovery procedures are reviewed and tested on a regular basis.
* Managing an Opex budget up to circa £10m
* Performing role of Duty Manager out of hours (on rota), providing support and assurance for out of hours major incidents affecting business continuity
Skills & Experience
* Extensive experience in a similar role in an IT Service Management environment, preferably in the Retail Industry
* Hands-on experience of working in technical domain relevant to role eg. Network (eg. DNS, IP addressing, LAN / WAN, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Access Points, WiFi)
* Broad technical knowledge; Infrastructure Operating Systems & Platforms (eg. Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Mainframe, Cloud) / Data Centre, Operational Management & tools / Desktop
* ITIL V3/2012 senior accreditation
* Experience of working in an outsourced delivery model with vendor management experience
* Excellent decision-maker with the ability to improve processes
* Strong analytical and communication skills