Pen Testing Specialist
Milton Keynes OR London
We are the Builders of ArgosTech and we are building the future of retail
We build technologies that customers and colleagues love and other builders respect. But we’re building more than technologies, we’re also building ourselves.
The future of retail technology won’t come from a single effort or invention, but rather from ArgosTech teams empowered to build that future. That’s why we invest in people and teams, not projects.
Our Engineering teams build new tech in greenfield status across several digital channels such as our Website (1B yearly visits), In Store Digital Tablets (12M+ monthly users), Mobile Apps (6M+ downloads) and 900 Retail Stores. We have been ranked the 2nd largest digital retailer in the UK and have just been awarded with 'Tech Retailer of The Year 2017.'
In the end, we expect to build the best place in the world to build the best tech in retail.
As such, customers, colleagues and shareholders are critically dependent on the security of these technologies and protection of our customers’ data to drive the continued success of our business.
This role will be responsible for testing all brand websites, white label sites, supplier sites, and infrastructure segments either directly or indirectly through the management of penetration test teams/vendors.
* Undertaking vulnerability assessments and or penetration tests of production websites, networks and infrastructure
* Conducting end-to-end testing activities to identify vulnerabilities, recommend corrective actions and follow up on their remediation
* Interpreting penetration test results into management responses so that the business can understand the importance of identified vulnerabilities in the context of business impact and the likelihood of threat realisation
* Managing project managers’ expectations and delivering regular reports
* Writing reports and technical documentation to be presented to business owners and project managers
* Identifying remediation techniques and assisting the development with secure coding practices as appropriate
* Maintaining professional accreditations
* Maintaining Argos (and subsequent brands) industry position as a Secure retailer through industry engagement and active promotion of our brand
* Writing and contributing to White Papers and research documents as part of both ongoing personal development and that of the Cyber Security team
* Providing penetration testing training and mentoring to colleagues on projects and internal training courses as well as suggesting training options for individuals both in and outside of the team
* Maintaining contact with our white label sites to ensure ongoing security of their systems and our own
* Working with threat intelligence service providers to ensure they provide an effective service
* Providing technical advisory and assistance throughout cyber security incident response activities and risk assessments
* Manage stakeholders including vendor management at all levels
* Willingness to develop and evolve within the role, and maintain the knowledge of the subject matter
* Stay abreast of the latest technical vulnerabilities and their potential impact on our systems
* Ensure the appropriate testing and security accreditation of all sites prior to their release into production systems and re-testing of sites that are due their annual assessments
* Previous experience in a similar position with relevant industry qualifications such as CHECK/CREST, OSCP, CEH, CISSP
* Strong, proven experience saving business money through effective testing strategies
* Experienced in technology and information security risks
* Strong influencing skills
* Healthcare cover
* Company pension – We double your 4% or 5% contribution
* Discount at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat
* Holidays – 24 to 27 with the option to buy up to 10 days per year
* Sharesave scheme – Risk-free way to buy shares at a discounted rate
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work scheme
* Season Ticket Loan
* 2 days paid leave to volunteer to an organisation close to your heart
* One professional subscription per year