Operational Security Specialist
We are the Builders of ArgosTech and we are building the future of retail
We build technologies that customers and colleagues love and other builders respect. But we’re building more than technologies, we’re also building ourselves.
The future of retail technology won’t come from a single effort or invention, but rather from ArgosTech teams empowered to build that future. That’s why we invest in people and teams, not projects.
Our Engineering teams build new tech in greenfield status across several digital channels such as our Website (1B yearly visits), In Store Digital Tablets (12M+ monthly users), Mobile Apps (6M+ downloads) and 900 Retail Stores. We have been ranked the 2nd largest digital retailer in the UK and have just been awarded with 'Tech Retailer of The Year 2017.'
In the end, we expect to build the best place in the world to build the best tech in retail.
As such, customers, colleagues and shareholders are critically dependent on the security of these technologies to drive the continued success of our business.
We are looking for and Operational Security Specialist to work within challenging and dynamic environment with highly ambitious and delivery focused Cyber Security team.
* Reviewing, validating, classifying, and responding to security events
* Analysing a variety of network and host-based security rules and policies (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Proxies, CASB, etc.)
* Reviewing and analysing network traffic events, IDS/IPS events, investigating intrusion attempts and performing in-depth analysis of exploits and attack
* Conducting proactive threat and vulnerability research
* Participating in incident reporting for high priority events, from initial response to triage, to determining remediation actions and escalation paths
* Performing reviews on Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) reporting to ensure comprehensiveness and completion
* Evaluating operational security solutions and mechanisms, and advising on ways of improvement to security challenges
* Providing direction and support to less experienced security staff to orient them and increase their understanding of more complex security analysis and design
* Generating and analysing security compliance reports and threat and incidents reports to facilitate Compliance Monitoring activities
* Contributing to Cyber Security performance metrics and measuring reporting with the aim to continuously improve the Cyber Security function performance
* Ad hoc analysis
* Supporting the Cyber Security Manager in preparing reporting materials covering operational security and other reports as and when required
* Identify and drive opportunities to adapt security and compliance activities
* Work closely with Stakeholders
* Look for ways to improve Information Security effectiveness throughout the organisation
* Working knowledge of Information Technology principles and architecture
* Experience of information security, information technology/architecture and information security technical controls
* Experience working in a SOC environment or operational security functions
* Be the subject matter expert
* Poses a ‘can do’ attitude
* Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels within the Information Systems division
* Working knowledge of information security products such as Checkpoint, BlueCoat, Proofpoint, IDS/IPS, SIEM, DarkTrace, etc
* Healthcare cover
* Company pension – We double your 4% or 5% contribution
* Discount at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat
* Holidays – 24 to 27 with the option to buy up to 10 days per year
* Sharesave scheme – Risk-free way to buy shares at a discounted rate
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work scheme
* Season Ticket Loan
* 2 days paid leave to volunteer to an organisation close to your heart
* One professional subscription per year