Software Development Manager
We are The Builders of ArgosTech and we are Building the Future of Retail
We build technologies that customers and colleagues love and other builders respect. But we’re building more than technologies, we’re also building ourselves.
That means we build: our teams; our careers; our own unique ways of working; our relationships with the open source community, researchers, start-ups and universities; our professional networks; our ways of learning; our ways of innovating; our influence; our leadership skills; and our technical skills. In the end, we expect to build the best place in the world to build the best tech in retail.
You should develop and realize a strategic technical vision for the clothing function which encompasses delivery agility, team development and continuous business value realization. Key will be fostering a culture of innovation where individuals take pride in their deliverables and creating a positive customer impact.
Ideally you would have worked on migrating full-stack solutions to open-source supported capabilities and most importantly design and deliver innovative customer experiences and journeys.
· Build a culture to bring the best out of your teams by inspiring your team and building strong relationships at all levels
· Resourcing Functional Teams appropriately
· Line managing developers and helping develop careers
· Working with Product Managers and Developers to define the Vision and technical direction
· Instilling a spirit of continuous improvements across the teams
· Drive Development of new Features
· Manage multiple deliveries working closely with the Product Management Teams
· Tread the line between delivering quickly and building sustainable code
· Experience leading software development professionals in a Devops environment or high tech company
· Record of developing and delivering large scale, distributed or complex scale platforms
· Advanced working knowledge of a coding language such as Java or Python
· Able to prioritise and focus to manage multiple deliveries in different areas
· Attention to detail, able to foresee potential pitfalls before they arise