Working within Sainsbury’s Non-Food Supply Chain, in a vibrant and fun team where you will support and coordinate the import operation of all products within the company portfolio as designated. Providing the day to day business analysis and problem resolution to support the development of the Import strategy.
This role is based at our Ansty Park office, with frequent travel – around once a week – to Holborn, London.
Day to day, your role will include:
- Liaison with freight forwarders and resolution of issues relating to importing of all Non-Food products & accessories
- Managing our 2nd party logistics suppliers and engagement to Sainsbury’s key ways of working.
- You will need to support the integration of Non-Food products into the import operation
- Produce costing and forecasting models to support supply chain
- Ensure product arrives to hit key launch dates
- Control the strategic event management for various product ranges
- Monitoring of reporting and ensuring visibility functions are delivering the required solution
- Suggesting development and improvement opportunities
- Support the development & implementation of new supply chain solutions to maximise service & minimise cost
- Provide data as required to in-country Global Sourcing teams and Supply Chain to support development of Global Sourcing
- Provide solutions and quotations for trading on new routes to market.
- Maintain data integrity of RMS, LIMA and any importing systems
We are flexible on background and experience, ideally you will understand supply chain, product flow, freight forwarding or shipping.
Key to this role will be managing suppliers, so experience there would be a real advantage.
You will need the ability to translate often complex messages and simplify for multiple stakeholders across the business.
Skills & Experience required to be successful:
- Produce project plans, supplier analysis and process maps to support development strategy
- Must be able to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Experience working in Internal Supply Chain / Freight Management preferable
- Understanding of Trading, Global Sourcing and Supply Chain Operations gained in an FMCG environment would be advantageous
- Experience of standard industry import procedures preferable
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Outlook
At Sainsbury’s Argos, it’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience. Since Argos became part of the Sainsbury’s group in September 2016 forming Sainsbury’s Argos we are now one of the largest General Merchandise and Clothing businesses in the UK with over 90,000 products across 2200 stores.
To help grow the General Merchandise and Clothing parts of our business our Commercial teams based in Ansty Park, Coventry and Milton Keynes have never been more important. They’re the people who ultimately source and provide the customers the products they want when they want them - ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers and you have the opportunity to help support this as you grow your career with us.