Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
If so then great as we have a fantastic opportunity has arisen here at Sainsbury’s Argos to join the Distribution department as a Distribution Operations Project Manager or as we like to call it a ‘Solutions and Implementation Manager’
This role is to develop and implement tactical solutions, in our warehouse and transport department that will deliver ongoing operational improvements, business profitability and higher customer satisfaction.
Needless to say, you will ideally be a strong solutions and project manager with an excellent background of delivering business projects to budget, standard and time.
Don’t be put off as the location detailing Milton Keynes as we’re open to location as it’s all about great operational skills and working those business relationships – we’ll also provide a car!
So what will you be doing?
- Engaging with the site operational teams at all levels.
- Evaluate and provide detailed analysis of opportunities, supported by practical delivery solutions and implementation timescales
- Work closely with the in house Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) team to develop enhancements to the WMS to support lean and productive operational flows
- Project manage warehouse development/improvement initiatives from objective definition and initial scope agreement through resource and financial planning
- Support the site teams and project manage the implementation to completion with ongoing review to ensure improvements are sustainable
- To develop detailed business cases and present to Leadership Team
- Identifies the needs of all key stakeholders and delivers best practice solutions from extensive networking (Argos Retail, Home Delivery as well as external industry contacts and professional organisations) ensuring the Argos Distribution Network is continuously improving and seen as leading edge within the industry
- Ensure progress is relevantly and effectively communicated to the key stakeholders (internal and 3rd Party) and wider supply chain community
- Work alongside other teams and departments to deliver wider business impact and synergies.
- Identify and articulate business opportunities across all of the Distribution portfolio including Transport, taking into account the interfaces with other functions (i.e. Retail teams)
- Timely and appropriate decision making is critical to the success of initiatives and projects and the future growth of the Distribution function
How about you, what does it take to be successful in this role?
- Must have an extensive operational Distribution background
- Project management experience is a must
- A knowledge of Lean practices
- Experience of managing large scale change within a fast moving environment
- You will need to have experience of developing distribution/logistic improvement change
- Ability to manage a range of issues both a macro and micro level.
- Ability to think both conceptually, logically, tactically and strategically.
- Be able to draw on their logistics knowledge and experience to make sound judgements and improvements
- Flexible to hours and working location as this is a role that works across the national distribution network
For all of this we offer the following in return:
This role offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive company benefits, which include, company car, 24 days holiday, save as you earn scheme, discretionary annual bonus, private medical insurance and company pension scheme, you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own dreams. In short, come in deliver and your career could progress as fast as our business is.
Good to go? Click apply to find out more.....