Service Delivery Manager
Technology is the driving force behind Argos’ success online, in stores, in logistics, in back office, in trading, in ranging, in design, in marketing and everywhere else in the company. We know our customers, colleagues and shareholders depend on ArgosTech to drive our success and while we respect the significance of the challenge, honestly, we live for this kind of responsibility.
As a Service Delivery Manager (SDM), you will play a key role in bringing together our colleagues in the business functions, ArgosTech teams and within our key services partners, striving to ensure that our IT service is world class, one which our customers and colleagues can take-for-granted will work brilliantly every day.
The role covers a broad spectrum of activity, including elements of; service management, incident management, change management, problem management and continual service improvement.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with all-round service management experience, able to easily build relationships, quickly appreciate how IT is used by the business, communicate clearly and can think-on-your-feet.
What you’ll be doing
* Working with business stakeholders, developers and strategic service partners, to deliver great service to our colleagues and customers on a day-to-day basis
* Acting as the ‘go-to’ person for your business unit, providing a point of escalation and managing situations that require increased awareness or to offer help and guidance
* Engaging in the resolution of major incidents, ensuring that business impact is fully understood, remediation action is taken in a timely manner and that business stakeholders receive regular updates. You drive activity to ensure that root cause analysis is completed quickly, lessons are learnt and next steps / actions are followed up on
* Adopting the use of strong problem management & trend analysis processes, analyzing incident data to identify underlying problems, defining and delivering activity to drive down incident volumes and to prevent on-going or significant operational impact
* Taking a structured approach to continually improving the service offering, developing a clear understanding of the demand for IT services, maintaining awareness of changing business needs and implement associated improvements to match
* Building and communicating the forward schedule of change for your business area, co-ordinating releases with other service delivery managers to avoid operational impact, providing assessment & sign-off of changes. You are able to understand and articulate operational impact of change
* Ensuring service partners and other vendors meet their service delivery contractual obligations, encouraging a climate of delivery excellence within the vendor community, with a strong emphasis on personal accountability for business outcomes
* Actively involved in take-on of new services or solutions, providing input into design and transition activity as early as possible in the delivery lifecycle
* Performing role of Duty Manager out of hours (on rota), providing support and assurance for out of hours’ major incidents affecting business continuity
Skills & Experience
* Extensive experience in a similar role in an IT Service Management environment, preferably in the Retail Industry
* ITIL V3/2012 senior accreditation
* Understanding of delivery methodologies; Prince2, Agile
* Experience of managing performance of 3rd parties
* Broad appreciation of technology, covering basic infrastructure, networks, desktop principles
* Excellent business focus, able to anticipate and respond to emerging trends
* Demonstrates strong analytical and communication skills
* Experience of using Jira & Confluence would be beneficial
* Financial awareness