Job Title: Enterprise Security Architect
Location: Milton Keynes or London
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Argos is changing. We’ve set our sights on becoming the UK’s leading digital retailer and we’re now assembling the best talent in the industry to make it happen. We’re not just transforming our business model, we want to transform the way people shop. And by joining our Cyber Security team, you’ll play a key role in our reinvention.
Technology is the driving force behind Argos’ success - online, in stores, in logistics, in back office, in trading, in ranging, in design, in marketing and everywhere else in the company. As such, customers, colleagues and shareholders are critically dependent on the security of these technologies to drive the continued success of our business.
As an Enterprise Security Architect, you will be providing technical and solution leadership to Cyber Security, ensuring the IT offering supports the delivery of the business objectives.
* Driving the creation and owning the output of an agreed Cyber Security technology strategy, in conjunction with their internal team and external partner
* Providing strong direction/leadership in the development of Cyber Security’s IT agenda
* Controlling the design authority process for managing approvals at all levels, from strategy changes to project level design decisions
* Managing relationships with key vendors in the technology marketplace as well as those actively engaged within Cyber Security
* Providing deep technical knowledge as well as ensuring a repository for this knowledge is built and maintained
* Interfacing with the Group IS Architecture team as required
* Leading the design of (large / complex) solutions and ensuring design integrity during solution development
Skills & Requirements:
* Experience within similar position, ideally from within a retail organisation
* Strong commercial experience of supporting a variety of technical programmes
* In depth technical knowledge of a wide range of IT systems and technologies
* Strong, proven experience of creating and implementing Architectural roadmaps
* Experience of working with internal teams and partners to translate business needs into technical designs
* Ablility to provide practical, effective and innovative technical architecture solutions
* Experience of providing detailed estimates for implementing designs, as required
* Works to ‘best practice’ for implementations of new technology
* Possess strong leadership skills with experience of shaping, motivating and driving change
* Strong influencing and negotiation skills
* Experience in vendor management
* Engages in order to drive the right commercial and technological outcome
* Ability to build credibility with peers and customer
What you’ll get in return:
As well as the usual company benefits, which include, 24 days holiday, save as you earn scheme, discretionary annual bonus, private medical insurance and company pension scheme, you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.