Distribution is the lifeblood of the company. Argos as a whole depends on ensuring that customers get the goods they want, when they want them. What the customers don’t see is the vast, sophisticated supply chain and logistics operation that makes it all possible. And that's where you come in we are looking for an experienced Despatch Scheduler to join our team here in Heywood.
As a summary in the role of a Despatch Scheduler you will produce the daily store pick and delivery schedule to achieve the optimum store serviceability and maximise the use of resources. You will also be the liaison between stores, transport and operations so your communication and planning skills are going to be key.
Interested then read on to find out more....
So what will I be doing in this role?
Below are some of the activities you will regularly be doing:
- To prepare the daily picking and delivery schedule to achieve optimum store serviceability by continually monitoring CVL and maximise available resource whilst maintaining customer service requirements including Customer Special Orders.
- To ensure catalogues/flyers/stationery/POS materials are delivered as allocated.
- To liaise with NDC’s to allocate space on the load plan.
- To balance the requirement of stores and transport as required ensuring changes to the schedule are communicated.
- To give priority to exceeding the needs of customers, demonstrating and promoting a customer focused approach to operational activities.
- To ensure all store information is accurately maintained on file, processing control documentation as necessary.
- You will be required to keep in contact with our stores daily and establish an effective relationship with them. You will be responsible for ensuring all calls made to and from stores are recorded and any issues investigated and escalated as necessary.
- To ensure all management reports and statistics are provided in accordance with current instructions.
- To collate and maintain records and ensure all filing systems are kept up to date and accurate.
- To behave in accordance with the Company values and support corporate and site policies and objectives.
- To comply with the Company Health & Safety rules and requirements at all times and take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others.
- To carry out any other duties as required.
So what skills will I need to be a success in this role?
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills and ability to problem solve.
- Scheduling experience and knowledge of scheduling computer systems an advantage.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as you will be liaising with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Logical way of thinking.
Argos is a unique, multi-channel retailer, recognised for choice, value and convenience.
Our colleague instinctively are always thinking about their customers to ensure the delivery of a great customer experience to our stores.
What you’ll get in return
A competitive salary, discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, 30 days holiday along with colleague discounts.