A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our award winning Finance Team. In a nutshell as an Accounting and Reporting Analyst you will:
- Provide reporting and support to the business trading teams as well as business partner finance teams by providing them with financial information and analysis to enable and help them to make sound commercial business decisions
- Assist in the operation and development of procedures and processes to facilitate an accurate view of sales and adjusted margin on a weekly, periodic and quarterly basis
- Facilitate and support the production of standardised reporting suites for Business Partnering teams to drive productive action / improved business performance in collaboration with the business
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve the reporting processes across a range of business areas to get to best in class reporting capability
Interested then read on.....
This is what you will generally be doing in this role:
- Produce weekly reporting of sales and margin to trading and business partner teams
- Produce weekly sales and margin projection for the Argos business to help identify sales and margin risks and opportunities for the coming week. This will ensure that the business is gearing up for the correct volume of business in key operational areas
- Provide ongoing support and development of the rolling forecast process for key sales and margin information. This will ensure that
- Monthly red book reporting of sales and margin providing insightful commentary to the business and business partner teams
- Support the production of Q&A information for sales and margin to supporting the external trading statement process with J Sainsbury’s plc
- Provide pro-active and ad-hoc support and analysis to the trading and business partner teams, dealing with queries in a timely manner to help aid decision making
- Produce and develop standardised reporting suites for business partnering teams to support the continuous drive of business results
- Support the delivery of Finance improvement initiatives and implementation of internal & external best practices to enhance process efficiency and quality of outputs including:
- Data quality improvements
- Reporting improvements e.g. report rationalisation, design and implementation
That's enough about the role, what about me.... what do I need to be a success in this role?
Here are some of things you will need to demonstrate on a daily basis:
- Good inter-personal skills, an empathetic nature and a good sense of humour
- Enthusiastic, positive and proactive engagement of key Finance and non-Finance stakeholders (e.g. business partner teams)
- Team player with good presentation and communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively across multiple grades and departments
- Can do attitude with an adaptable approach suitable to operating at pace and switching between priorities
- Strong systems skills including Excel (to macro level an advantage), Access, Business Objects and Essbase
- Ability to consolidate large volumes of data whilst adhering to tight timescales
- Experience in a large company environment, preferably retail (desired)
Additionally you will be a Graduate calibre professional studying towards a professional accounting qualification ideally with some experience of working with and presenting analytical results to Non-Finance users. You should also have strong systems skills including Excel (to macro level an advantage), Access, Business Objects and Essbase.
Bit About The Team:
The Reporting & Forecasting team provides a key link between the various business partnering and FP&A teams across the business to create budgets, forecasts and strategic plans as well as delivering corporate performance reporting e.g. weekly trading packs, periodic management accounts and investor relations analysis.
A Bit About Us:
At Sainsbury’s Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
We have recently joined Sainsbury’s in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.