Infrastructure Delivery Manager
Argos Technology is behind the website (900million visits per year), Apps (6million downloads), the supply chain and distribution (20,000 products, same day delivery), we are the engine making everything work; solving problems, building software, fast, with the aim of creating unrivalled user experience.
We are seeking an Infrastructure Delivery Manager who will be accountable for the planning of a portfolio of multi-channel projects and for the management of the delivery of these projects. You will be coordinating both internal and external delivery teams in accordance to project plans and budgets.
The role will involve the creation and delivery of one or more programme plans to cover multiple projects. This will require planning and estimating for a complex set of tasks with inter-dependencies for a collection of projects with a multi-million pound expenditure.
As a Delivery Manager you will work with a number of Development Managers, and Business stakeholders to create joint up plans to meet multiple business requirements.
* Plan, manage and control the project schedule and to oversee the completion of deliverables to the schedule
* Work closely with the assigned Product Owners and Development Managers across Argos to ensure that the needs of multiple projects meet the agreed goals
* Monitor and report on progress to ensure that projects are delivering key milestones to time and within budget
* Recommend resolutions to issues and conflicts arising out of the project and dependencies to ensure that cost and timescales are met
* Manage any changes, which arise during the development of the project to ensuring that the impact on schedule, cost and quality is controlled
* Provide a key interface to IT for the Product Owners and Development Managers during the project lifecycle, ensure that the business requirements are being met
* Management the resource pool allocated to the project
* Recommend opportunities for the improvement of current and/or planned projects to add to the value of the business
* Proven Project Management experience, ideally within IT
* Formal Project Management training and be able to demonstrate the use of recognised project management tools
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* The ability to manage multiple projects in a demanding environment
* The ability to manage and motivate staff assigned to the project are key to the success of the project
Technology is the driving force behind Argos’ success online, in stores, in logistics, in back office, in trading, in ranging, in design, in marketing and everywhere else in the company. We know our customers, colleagues and shareholders depend on ArgosTech to drive our success and while we respect the significance of the challenge, honestly, we live for this kind of responsibility.
We never forget that our work only matters if it benefits customers and colleagues and we take time to connect every decision and every design back to a customer benefit. Fortunately, we love our customers so it’s easy to make sure their voices are present and their causes championed in every discussion and in every decision. We also know that our customers love and depend on our colleagues throughout the company so we make sure colleagues have the tech they need to serve our customers brilliantly.
We invest our time, money and creativity in people and teams, not projects. Teams own their services and are empowered to constantly improve their services independently and to evolve their services as part of multi-service efforts. The future of retail technology won’t come from a single effort or invention, but rather from ArgosTech teams empowered to build that future. That’s why we invest in people and teams, not projects.
We know we’re different and we’re proud of it. In fact, we count on it. We look for builders at different life stages and circumstances, of all genders, who identify as LGBT or straight, with disabilities or not, from all backgrounds, philosophies and ethnicities because we need to be different to build the future of retail and more importantly because we want to work with the best people in the world.