The Home Delivery team is making great progress towards achieving its vision of delighting customers with perfect, trusted home deliveries. Last year we delivered to over 8 million customers and achieved our highest ever levels of customer satisfaction. We’re now embarking on an exciting phase of further growth to create a market leading 2-Man proposition, fulfilment and services.
To support the delivery of this we are looking to recruit a Junior Logistics Planning Analyst that will develop, plan and scope logistics initiatives that benefit Home Delivery operations in terms of cost, service and capacity, both in the short-term and strategically.
So what will I be doing in this role?
- Contribute towards the development of new ideas to enhance the Home Delivery logistics operation in terms of cost, service and capacity.
- Scope out initial ideas through high level business analysis, using current operating assumptions, in order to prepare a project mandate and facilitate the decision to move the initiative into the detailed analysis phase.
- Liaise with relevant operational and IS staff as necessary.
- Through further detailed data, statistical, process and financial analysis support the development of a business case showing both project and operational cost impacts to determine the viability and priority of initiatives, to allow formal planning and sign off.
- Support the operational process and implementation design of specific solutions to meet the business requirements identified during detailed analysis.
- Liaise as appropriate to support IS staff in development of solution designs to support the designed processes.
- Through analysis, present rigorous challenge of the current operating assumptions.
- Responsible for maintaining a watching brief over projects to ensure that the implementation phase of projects delivers an operating solution in line with the original concept and meeting the operational benefits.
- Support the management team via delivery of timely and accurate ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Home Delivery Logistics Strategy by suggesting opportunities for the improvement of current and/or planned projects to add to the value of the business.
- To obtain and maintain a detailed knowledge of the operational processes and working practices within Home Delivery.
- Maintain an interest and knowledge of logistics best practice in the market place, in terms of systems, process and approach.
What skills, knowledge do I need and what sort of person do I need to be?
Educated to degree level, you should ideally have good experience in a similar role or function.
Must possess strong analysis and business process design skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Must have a creative, open and flexible approach to problem solving.
Must be highly PC literate and numerate.
Must have clear and succinct writing skills.
What you’ll get in return
A competitive salary, discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, 24 days holiday along with staff discounts.
About Sainsbury’s Argos:
J Sainsbury plc operates over 2,000 stores, 837 of which are Argos stores (including concessions) and three flagship Habitat stores – together with major online channels for food, clothing, general merchandise and financial services. Sainsbury's sells over 90,000 products and employs 195,000 colleagues across the UK and Ireland.