Software Development Test Engineer in Customer Management
The imagining, building, operating and evolving of great technology is the engine of growth for Argos.
Argos Technology is behind our website (900+ million visits per year), our Apps (6+ million downloads), our in-store digital experience, supply chain and distribution (same day delivery), order management, customer service (10+ million chat, social and telephone contacts per year) and the BIG data behind all of this. We are the engine making everything work; solving problems, building software, fast, with the aim of creating an unrivalled user experience for our customers.
Argos is changing its technology platform from a monolithic architecture to microservices, based on Java, React, Machine Learning and Cloud computing. We’re looking for engineers with a strong belief in agile delivery, who believe in fully testable and maintainable code. You need to have a curious mind and always looking for opportunities to improve solutions, process and yourself.
What you will be doing
* Designing reusable software validation suites using appropriate tools for a brand-new ‘Greenfield’ software platform
* Implementing automated tests to validate software using appropriate frameworks and methodologies (including unit testing, integration testing, function testing, regression testing, smoke testing, accessibility testing, uat testing)
* Integrating CI/CD pipeline into Jenkins and other tools
* With other team members, defining architecture and choosing tools for our ‘baggage free’ application suite
* Refining stories with business owners/analysts and playing planning poker
* Ensuring that Non-Functional Requirements such as quality standards, stability, scalability, reliability, are met
* Manage UAT process with end-users, identifying criticality of issues discovered and ensuring that they are resolved appropriately
* Working with Service Introduction to obtain approval for new releases
* Perform basic triage to aid in appropriate classification and resolution of defects
* Writing some Front-End and Back-End code
* Working in a SCRUM team with two-week sprints
* 3rd Line Escalation support (we have a dedicated apps support team for 1st & 2nd line)
* Visiting our customer management centre (every few weeks) to see your software in use
* Selenium, Cucumber, Sinon.JS, Enzyme plus other tools
* Jenkins, Git
* AWS, Mesos and Docker
* Java 8 with Spring
* NoSQL(Redis) & SQL (postgres)
* Windows & Linux
* Degree in computer science or other technical programme with exposure to programming
* Sound test automation experience in a technology organisation with history of delivering software systems and platforms
* Experience in implementing validation suites/testing frameworks
* Working knowledge of manual testing and willingness to do manual testing when required
* Experience working with end-user testers and managing testing feedback/bugs with developers
* Experience integrating with 3rd Party WebServices and API's
* Experience working with Microservices
* Ready to enjoy being part of a small motivated team on front-end and back-end software, working directly with customers and end-users
We’re a new, small and growing team who love what we do, the technology we use, the start-up feel, the speed at which we can develop and deliver and working directly with our colleagues and customers.
As we are developing a new ‘baggage free’ application suite from scratch we are in the enviable position that we have the autonomy to choose our tools and technology as well as influence the overall direction of customer management within Argos. What we deliver blends our own data with other Argos systems and 3rd parties to provide intelligence, interpretation, insight and ‘next best action’ for our colleagues so that they can deliver outstanding customer service.
If you'd like to be in at the beginning and shape the solution, now is the time to join our team!