Front-End Software Development Engineer in Customer Management
We are the Builders of ArgosTech and we are building the future of retail
We build technologies that customers and colleagues love and other builders respect. But we’re building more than technologies, we’re also building ourselves.
The future of retail technology won’t come from a single effort or invention, but rather from ArgosTech teams empowered to build that future. That’s why we invest in people and teams, not projects.
Our Engineering teams build new tech in greenfield status across several digital channels such as our Website (1B yearly visits), In Store Digital Tablets (12M+ monthly users), Mobile Apps (6M+ downloads) and 900 Retail Stores. We have been ranked the 2nd largest digital retailer in the UK and have just been awarded with 'Tech Retailer Of The Year 2017.'
In the end, we expect to build the best place in the world to build the best tech in retail.
What you will be doing
* Designing reusable quality software using appropriate languages and tools for a brand-new ‘Greenfield’ software platform
* Developing Front-End code
* Integrating CI/CD pipeline into Jenkins and other tools
* With other team members, defining architecture and choosing tools for our ‘baggage free’ application suite
* Refining stories with business owners/analysts and playing planning poker
* Working in a SCRUM team with two-week sprints
* 3rd Line Escalation support (we have a dedicated apps support team for 1st & 2nd line)
* Visiting our customer management centre (every few weeks) to see your software in use
* Selenium, Cucumber, Sinon.JS, Enzyme plus other tools
* Jenkins, Git
* AWS, Mesos and Docker
* NoSQL(Redis) & SQL (postgres)
* Windows & Linux
* Degree in computer science or other technical programme with exposure to programming
* Experience integrating with 3rd Party WebServices and API's
* Experience working with Microservices and unit testing
* Ready to enjoy being part of a small motivated team developing front-end software, working directly with customers and end-users
We’re a new, small and growing team who love what we do, the technology we use, the start-up feel, the speed at which we can develop and deliver and working directly with our colleagues and customers.
As we are developing a new ‘baggage free’ application suite from scratch we are in the enviable position that we have the autonomy to choose our tools and technology as well as influence the overall direction of customer management within Argos. What we deliver blends our own data with other Argos systems and 3rd parties to provide intelligence, interpretation, insight and ‘next best action’ for our colleagues so that they can deliver outstanding customer service.
If you'd like to be in at the beginning and shape the solution, now is the time to join our team!