The Home Delivery team is making great progress towards achieving its vision of delighting customers with perfect, trusted home deliveries. Last year we delivered to over 8 million customers and achieved our highest ever levels of customer satisfaction. We’re now embarking on an exciting phase of further growth to create a market leading 2-Man proposition, fulfilment and services. To deliver this we require a dedicated Project Manager to work alongside our General Manager for Strategic Programmes to support the delivery of key projects from scoping of concepts and initiation right through to successful delivery.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to balance strategic leadership and the freedom to think creatively with robust fast-paced implementation. You will need the ability to work with, and influence, multiple senior stakeholders both inside and outside the organisation, reassuring them with the insight and expertise you’ve gained from leading equally complex programmes.
So what will I be doing as a Project Manager?
Below are some of activities you will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of the project through all delivery phases, monitoring progress against milestones and budget ensuring all activities are completed on time
- Communicate and report on project status, addressing issues or barriers to progress, escalating as appropriate to mitigate any issues
- Communicate, create and manage robust risk management strategy ensuring that risks and issues are managed and reported on appropriately throughout the projects life cycle
- Turn plans into projects for implementation; lead the scoping and definition of change requirements through the full project life cycle to implementation, testing, transition and monitoring of results ensuring customer propositions and operational benefits are delivered
- Proactively build relationships with key stakeholders across and outside the business in order to positively influence and collaborate with them, for example to gain approval for projects and to implement change successfully
- Produce project documentation and maintain to a high standard throughout the project life cycle
- To ensure Customer and Business is at the forefront of every decision made throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Work with 3rd parties to ensure a timely resolution to any conflicts or delays
How will you succeed?
- So the success of any project is in its delivery and impact but here are some of the key measures you will need to remain focused on to ensure great delivery:
-Ensure all business change delivers the anticipated business value to the bottom line and/or the end customer
- Projects delivered on-time, in budget and with no negative business impact
- No detrimental impact to customer proposition throughout project lifecycle, scorecard measurement
- All stakeholders clearly communicated to throughout the project lifecycle
- Risk, issues, key decisions, steering groups and status updates all completed on time, issued to stakeholders and well managed
What skills, knowledge do I need and what sort of person do I need to be?
Along with all the usual Project Manager skills you possess you will also need to ensure you have the following to make your role here the best it can be:
- Project management qualification or equivalent professional experience
- Experience of managing change projects that impact on business, colleagues and customers
- Supply Chain knowledge helpful (Main Line and Home Delivery)
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functionally both within the business and with 3rd party providers
And me as a person, you will need:
- Leadership – holds the ability to lead and motivate a team to deliver initiatives
- Problem solving – requires the ability to solve problems, coaching project team through the problem-solving activity
- Strategic thinking and delivery focus – requires the ability to both think strategically and deliver the desired outcome
- Stakeholder management – requires the ability to build and manage stakeholders at all levels including influencing and managing conflict
- Communication skills – requires the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels and across 3rd parties
- Organisational Skills – holds a high level of organisation skills with a methodical approach and an eye for detail/accuracy
What you’ll get in return
A competitive salary, discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, 24 days holiday along with staff discounts.
About Sainsbury’s Argos:
J Sainsbury plc operates over 2,000 stores, 837 of which are Argos stores (including concessions) and three flagship Habitat stores – together with major online channels for food, clothing, general merchandise and financial services. Sainsbury's sells over 90,000 products and employs 195,000 colleagues across the UK and Ireland.