Argos Distribution is transforming...how can your leadership support the change in our DCs?
Distribution is the lifeblood of the company. Argos as a whole depends on ensuring that customers get the goods they want, when they want them. What the customers don’t see is the vast, sophisticated supply chain and logistics operation that makes it all possible. And that's where you come in we are looking for an experienced Dispatch Scheduler to join our team here in Bridgwater.
As a summary in the role of a Despatch Scheduler you will produce the daily store delivery and trunk schedule to achieve the optimum store serviceability and maximise the use of resources. You will also be the liaison between stores, transport and operations so your communication and planning skills are going to be key.
Interested then read on to find out more....
So what will I be doing in this role?
Below are some of the activities you will regularly be doing:
- To prepare the daily delivery and trunk schedules. Assist Team Leaders in the planning and review of resources to achieve optimum scheduling.
- To plan and allocate store deliveries in the most cost effective manner to achieve the KPI’s of the organisation and exceed customer expectations.
- To liaise with National Distribution Centres to allocate space on the load plan.
- To balance the requirement of stores and transport as required ensuring changes to the schedule are communicated.
- To transfer all planned schedules into the Paragon programme and allocate drivers.
- To ensure all management reports and statistics are provided in accordance with current instructions.
- To input into Tranman and liaise with VMU.
- To liaise with employment agencies to secure drivers as required, highlighting any shortfall to Team Leader.
- To support the movement of fleet
- To ensure all drivers’ run sheets are entered onto the distribution report on a daily basis.
- To collate and maintain records in accordance with legislative requirements, and ensure all filing systems are kept up to date and accurate
- To complete the Argos Collection Services (backhaul) report weekly.
- To behave in accordance with the Company values and support corporate and site policies and objectives.
- To comply with the Company Health & Safety rules and requirements at all times and take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others
- To give priority to exceeding the needs of customers, demonstrating and promoting a customer focused approach to operational activities.
- To carry out any other duties as required.
So what skills will I need to be a success in this role?
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills and ability to problem solve
- Scheduling experience and knowledge of scheduling computer systems an advantage.
- Excellent computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as you will be liasing with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong customer service skills
- Logical way of thinking
Argos is a unique, multi-channel retailer, recognised for choice, value and convenience.
Our colleague instinctively are always thinking about their customers to ensure the delivery of a great customer experience to our stores.
What you’ll get in return
A competitive salary, discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, 30 days holiday along with colleague discounts.