Are you an experienced Project Manager in a high change environment, if so then great we have a fantastic opportunity available for you to join the incredibly successful, customer focussed Home Delivery Team as a Project Manager
In a nutshell you will plan and manage projects within Home Delivery to ensure business value is realised while delivering to cost and timescale constraints through your project management, problem solving and leadership skills.
Interested then read on for more....
So what will I be doing as a Project Manager in Home Delivery?
Below are some of activities you will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of the project through all delivery phases, monitoring progress against milestones and budget ensuring all activities are completed on time
- Communicate and report on project status, addressing issues or barriers to progress, escalating as appropriate to mitigate any issues
- Communicate, create and manage robust risk management strategy ensuring that risks and issues are managed and reported on appropriately throughout the projects life cycle
- Turn plans into projects for implementation; lead the scoping and definition of change requirements through the full project life cycle to implementation, testing, transition and monitoring of results ensuring customer propositions and operational benefits are delivered
- Proactively build relationships with key stakeholders across and outside the business in order to positively influence and collaborate with them, for example to gain approval for projects and to implement change successfully
- Produce project documentation and maintain to a high standard throughout the project life cycle
- To ensure Customer and Business is at the forefront of every decision made throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Work with 3rd parties to ensure a timely resolution to any conflicts or delays
How will you succeed?
- So the success of any project is in its delivery and impact but here are some of the key measures you will need to remain focused on to ensure great delivery:
-Ensure all business change delivers the anticipated business value to the bottom line and/or the end customer
- Projects delivered on-time, in budget and with no negative business impact
- No detrimental impact to customer proposition throughout project lifecycle, scorecard measurement
- All stakeholders clearly communicated to throughout the project lifecycle
- Risk, issues, key decisions, steering groups and status updates all completed on time, issued to stakeholders and well managed
What skills, knowledge do I need and what sort of person do I need to be?
Along with all the usual Project Manager skills you possess you will also need to ensure you have the following to make your role here the best it can be:
- Project management qualification or equivalent professional experience
- Experience of managing change projects that impact on business, colleagues and customers
- Budget management experience for projects (up to c.£100k)
- Supply Chain knowledge helpful (Main Line and Home Delivery)
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functionally both within the business and with 3rd party providers
And me as a person, you will need:
- Leadership – holds the ability to lead and motivate a team to deliver initiatives
- Problem solving – requires the ability to solve problems, coaching project team through the problem-solving activity
- Strategic thinking and delivery focus – requires the ability to both think strategically and deliver the desired outcome
- Stakeholder management – requires the ability to build and manage stakeholders at all levels including influencing and managing conflict
- Communication skills – requires the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels and across 3rd parties
- Organisational Skills – holds a high level of organisation skills with a methodical approach and an eye for detail/accuracy
Sound like a great and role and perfect for you? Great stuff click apply and we'll be in touch...