Argos Financial Services is at the heart of Sainsbury’s Argos by providing customers the opportunity to afford and protect what’s important to them. The Argos storecard is one of the largest storecards in the country with almost 2m customers and over 700m in lending to its customers. This role provides end to end finance support for the storecard operation, from playing a part in setting the strategy to providing insight into the current performance.
You will be joining Financial Services where our aim is to make life better every day for Argos customers. We help customers afford and protect what matters most, offering products and services including Credit, Warranties & Insurance.
We have joined Sainsbury’s in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities will include:
* To lead and pro-actively drive the storecard business forecasting, budgeting and strat plan process.
* Calculation and review of Storecard provisions, including relevant provision rates.
* To determine, analyse and interpret key business drivers and performance measures across the storecard business.
* To support the storecard business in providing all the financial analysis required for monitoring business performance.
* To develop and maintain strong financial and business relationships throughout the storecard business, Financial Services and across the HRG group.
* To support the period end process including identification, investigation and explanation of variances against budget/forecast and review of risks and opportunities.
* Deputise for the FS Retail Financial Controller where necessary.
* Play a key role in the Argos Financial Services growth strategy, assessing business proposals for viability, understanding financial implications of implementation and measuring performance.
* Management and development of two direct reports.
Your skills & experience will ideally include:
* Graduate calibre qualified accountant – CIMA / ACCA /ACA
* Commercial experience gained working within a similar level finance role.
* Proven understanding and experience of financial reporting.
* Experience working in a busy finance role leading a team.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills, with an ability to balance a large range of prioritise.
* Used to working within an high pressure role and demonstrates resilience and tenacity.
* Ability to network and stakeholder manage across a range of stakeholders in a range of roles, working at a range of levels.
* Ability to use appropriate IT applications effectively (including Outlook, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
* Experience of working in a Retail or Financial Service based organisation would be desirable but not essential.
What you’ll get in return:
If being part of a hugely influential Finance team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, company car allowance, 24 days holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, health care, pension and two days’ paid volunteering and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.
At Sainsbury’s Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.