Exciting opportunity to partner the Argos Supply Chain business as Internal Communication Manager on a 12 Month maternity cover assignment. You will lead all communication across the Argos Supply Chain & Logistics business and ensure time delivery from inception to business handover.
We're a business that has a great history but we are also seriously transforming the way we do things now and for the future. We have joined Sainsbury’s in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.
As Internal Communication Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
* To lead the development of the Supply Chain & Logistics Communication Strategy & Implementation plan.
* Define the Communications Strategy for Supply Chain & Logistics, ensuring that Sainsbury’s Argos communications strategy is translated & executed using appropriate tools and medium.
* Ensuring communication channels are in place across all remote sites, architects ongoing communications plans to engage colleagues in both strategic & operational communications programmes.
* Works in conjunction with ER Change managers and project teams to ensure that robust plans are in place to support all project activity.
* Accountable for writing IR related communications. Works alongside other communication leads and the PR teams to ensure that customer and colleague statements are appropriately written.
* To work in conjunction with Argos 3pl partners to ensure that our strategy is consistent & dovetails in with our 3pl partners, influencing a change in approach where required.
* Work with operational teams to identify levers for engagement and defines communications to support this.
* Accountable for working with the senior team to shape and plan leadership events to translate strategy into action.
* Work with Sainsbury’s Argos Communications team to support delivering of core elements of Sainsbury’s Communications plan.
As Internal Communication Manager your skills & experience will include:
* The ideal candidate must have broad knowledge of Internal Communication and preferably worked in a Distribution / Logistics / Retail environment.
* Exposure of working within a large fast-paced business and able to deliver against deadlines.
* Experience of leading and developing third party relationships.
* Able to gather insights, plan and prioritise multiple objectives.
* Customer focused with knowledge of various communications channels.
* Ability to deliver at pace and often make decisions independently.
* Highly organised individual with strong interpersonal skills.
* Be credible and possess gravitas when dealing with key stakeholders.
What you’ll get in return:
Our company benefits include, 24 days holiday, save as you earn, discretionary annual bonus, company car benefit, private medical insurance and company pension scheme. You will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.
About Sainsbury’s Argos:
J Sainsbury plc operates over 2,000 stores, 837 of which are Argos stores (including concessions) and three flagship Habitat stores – together with major online channels for food, clothing, general merchandise and financial services. Sainsbury's sells over 90,000 products and employs 195,000 colleagues across the UK and Ireland.