Are you customer focussed with a strong background in either consultancy, commercial or operations development? If so this role could be perfect for you.
The Central Customer Experience team, together with the Argos multi-channel customer experience team, create a persistent focus on the customer in the actions the company takes and in driving the business to work together to deliver a superior customer experience consistent with the Argos brand.
This role therefore plays a key role in turning Argos into a ‘customer first’ retailer, driving customer centric, positive change.
The role holder will need to develop the customer experience strategy, design and build customer experience maps through all customer journey stages and fulfilment channels.
The role holder will need to map the customer journey and research customer feedback insight and data through our shopping experiences at each stage, recommending appropriate projects and initiatives to improve customer’s experience with the Argos brand.
The Customer Experience Manager is part of the Customer Experience team who report directly into the Strategy Director. The key responsibilities of the team are:
To map and define customer experience problems and opportunities.
Represent the customer thinking to ensure the customer journey for each project is developed and implemented in a customer centric way that is consistent to the Argos brand and experience principles
Take responsibility for mapping customer journeys for key customer fulfilment channels to identify key moments of truth, and develop these into desired customer outcomes, to be shared with key operational/product teams
Ensure that new experiences and propositions for key customer fulfilment channels are appropriately mapped to ensure there are clear reference points for introduction of new experiences and experiences are developed in line with brand and experience principles
Continually develop and build on the understanding of the Argos customer and best in class customer experience in order to act as an advisory point for customer experience within allocated fulfilment channel/experience focus projects
Engaging stakeholders to deliver an optimal customer experience and a strong customer proposition.
Support key stakeholders to develop and oversee implementation of optimal customer journeys, acting as a conduit into marketing to ensure strong supporting marketing communications plans are in place
Take the lead/act as key stakeholder on key ‘central CX focus’ projects, that cut across multiple channels ensuring CX development is ‘joined’ up
So you know a bit about the team and the role what about you, what do you need to demonstrate to be a success in this role?
- Passionate about putting the customer first, with a focus on customer needs and insight, customer trends, competitor strategies and technological developments
- Financial and commercial acumen, able to understand cost and margin drivers within the business and impact of any proposed changes
- A track record of working cross functionally to deliver significant change and continuous improvement, taking people with them along the way and the ability to bring out the best in people and teams
- An ability to quickly assimilate new information, working in environments with high degrees of complexity and ambiguity, and form cohesive plans
- Demonstrates gravitas and an adaptable style to be credible when engaging with and influencing senior audiences. Assertive, challenging and confident with well-honed inter-personal skills
- Action-oriented, resilient and persistent, including when faced with difficulties or setbacks
- Ability to work on numerous simultaneous tasks, see the whole picture and develop well rounded plans
- Strong analytical, critical questioning, problem solving and process improvement skill set
- Strategy consulting and/or project & programme management in a fast-moving retail environment is highly desirable
As the UK’s leading multi-channel retailer, Argos provides a unique offer of choice, value and convenience to meet customer needs, selling products through over 840 stores, website and mobile apps. Customers can make purchases from stores across the UK and Ireland, online or over the phone. They can also pick up their goods from a store or have them delivered the same day.
What you’ll get in return:
As well as the usual company benefits, which include, 24 days holiday, save as you earn scheme, discretionary annual bonus, and company pension scheme, you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.