Senior UX Architect - Permanent
35 hours per week
Start Date: 02/06/2017
End Date: 30/06/2017
* Are you superbly talented at User Experience Architecture but also like to dabble in design or copy or, even, code?
* Do you thrive on large scale projects working in multi-disciplinary teams?
* Are you hankering to work with other UX talent to provide the ultimate design solution?
Argos is recruiting senior level UX Architect/Designers. We’re an agile organization and truly customer focused/driven – and we move fast (yup – seriously - it’s a corporate world…. but we push hard). You’ll need to be flexible, open to change and have smart design solutions as we move into a world of machine learning to supplement our usual UCD approaches.
We are looking for the best: a multi-talented team player who advocates UCD, uses insight to inform their design decisions, enjoys conceptualising and innovating new solutions. Experienced in the basics - research, workshop facilitation, persona definition, usability and information architecture - the successful UX Architect is comfortable working with business and executive stakeholders across Sainsbury’s Argos and across multiple multi functional agile teams. Experienced in research, workshop facilitation, persona definition, usability, information architecture – the UX Architects are responsible for the user experience, using prototypes to iterate and learn to ensure we deliver the best solution for customers. Our in-house UX research team means we test every week with customers.
Senior UX Architects work as chief user advocates on their allocated agile team but must work with the entire UX team to ensure we’re consistent and not reinventing the wheel in silos. The successful UXA is comfortable working closely with Product Managers, Business owners and other UX talent to gather a deep knowledge of our customers to ensure we provide the best experience.
All applicants must provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates their ability to deliver a first-class User Experience
* Experienced in research, workshop facilitation, persona definition, usability and blueprinting the information architecture
* Provide first class Information architecture, wireframing, interaction design and UCD skills and deliverables
* Worked on large scale projects with the ability to converge design solutions and functions together
* Have worked in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver insight-driven solutions, advocate design solutions and gain stakeholder buy in
* Can demonstrate a solid track record of creating intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
* Experienced in designing for responsive platforms/environments.
* Familiar with working in Agile environments/teams.
* Conceptualise, develop and document innovative information organization structures, interaction designs, page-level content organization, navigation, and prototypes of digital products for your assigned stream
* Develop user interface designs using knowledge of customer tasks, product functionality requirements, knowledge of user interface architecture, knowledge of UI best practice and industry/company interface standards
* Develop appropriate prototypes of designs to meet testing and communication needs
* Clearly communicate User Experience approaches and design decisions to stakeholders and project team members
* Collaborate with Visual designers, BAs, Product Managers and technical teams
* Facilitation of workshops and collaborative design sessions to ensure full buy-in to your vision
* Champion principles of usability and user-centered design
* Collaborate with team members and clients to ensure that the integrity of the experience is maintained through launch
* Facilitation of workshops and collaborative design sessions
* Understand design needs and convert it to a digital offering on multiple channels
* 7+ years experience creating interfaces, large scale websites, or applications
* Degree in design, architecture, HCI or related discipline
* Demonstrable portfolio of designing for complex digital interfaces, with experience in creating and delivering site maps, wireframes, interaction specifications and other information architecture assets
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to synthesize many data into coherent information design direction
* Desire to produce the best experiences in the industry, regardless of complexity or channel
* Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to software, web and mobile development
* Successful portfolio that demonstrates your ability in creating first class products
* Capacity to think holistically
* Engaging presentation style
* Solid writing and visual communication skills
* Ability to play nicely with other team members
* Experience with wireframing and/or prototyping tools to demonstrate your design approach and vision
* An appreciation of all other UX roles and their contribution to the final product.
Nice to have:
* Previous Agency experience
?* Experience in retail sites