Senior UI/Visual Designer - Permanent
* Are you a superbly talented visual designer who likes to be included in the holistic experience rather than just buttons and icons?
* Are you hankering to work with other UX talent to provide the ultimate design solution?
* Do you excel at designs that flex across multiple devices and channels?
The UX team at Argos is growing and we need THREE Senior Visual Designers. We work together to ensure a consistent experience across all of our channels and functions - that’s responsive, native and store devices. We’re an agile organization and truly customer focused/driven – and we move fast (yup – seriously - it’s a corporate world…. but we push hard). You’ll need to be flexible, open to change and have smart design solutions beyond just thinking just beyond the pixels.
We are looking for the best: people who can extend our brand to the digital environment across all devices – from the store to the mobile. You will be involved in everything from conceptualizing and guiding stakeholders through ideas - then carrying that approach through the development of the product to energise the experience ensuring it is engaging and compelling for users. If you have experience in retail – that’s a bonus.
We want creative, confident people embedded in the discipline and engaged by their work. Collaborators who are in it to build the best possible experience for users but also understand the commercial realisms and technical capabilities.
All applicants must provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates their ability to deliver a first-class User Experience
* Experienced online visual designer with a strong portfolio to demonstrate range and depth
* Love the challenge of re-visualizing content and using design to make online shopping enjoyable
* Have worked in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver insight-driven solutions, advocate design solutions and gain stakeholder buy in
* Responsive/flexible designs
* Familiar with working in Agile environments/teams
* Work tightly with the agile team members to understand the vision for the experience and how to use the design to lift and define the overall user engagement with the responsive site.
* Delivery and presentation of relevant project deliverables as required by the projects (such as creative briefs, concepts, digital assets, style guides, pattern libraries, CSS etc.)
* Create design comparisons and graphical templates
* Work with the Information Architect(s) to develop early prototypes to test early ideas with customers
* Work with the other visual designers and other agile streams to evolve the design to achieve a consistent look and feel but evolve it so we remain contemporary
* Ensure designs align to brand guidelines
* Receptive to feedback, creative criticisms and praise – not precious with designs, develop the ability to rationalise and articulate creative concepts
* Involved in presenting designs to the UX team, project teams and stakeholders
* Partner with other disciplines to ensure a stellar final product
* Collaborate with team members to ensure that the integrity of the experience is maintained through launch
* Ensure all deliverables have strong emotive, brand, identity and user-centred design solutions
* Translate wireframes, UI Specs, and briefs to finished designs
* Understand design needs and convert it to a digital offering on multiple channels.
* Degree in design – graphic, visual, product etc
* 5+ years experience designing digital interfaces for large scale websites and/or applications
* Strong conceptual thinking and a deep understanding of brand
* Desire to produce the best visual experiences in the industry, regardless of complexity or channel
* A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
* Successful portfolio that demonstrates your ability in creating first class designs
* Engaging presentation style
* Ability to play nicely with other team members
* An appreciation of all other UX roles and their contribution to the final product
* Experience in designing graphical templates, CSS development, optimising graphics and streaming media
* Technical skills should include strong CS5/CS6 skills, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch
* Strong knowledge of responsive design methods, scalable designs and UI frameworks
* Working knowledge of HTML and JQuery (or willingness to learn)
Nice to have:
* Previous Agency experience
* Experience in retail sites