A great opportunity has arisen for a passionate and strategic Learning & Development Business Partner to join the Argos HR team. You will be driven and enjoy challenging the status quo to support the business strategy through the development and coaching of colleagues across Marketing, Digital and IT. As well as partnering key functions and developing a learning culture, you will support the delivery of the Argos core behavioural development framework “The Academy”, as well as high potential talent development programmes.
The successful candidate will thrive working in an autonomous role, whilst being self-motivated and creative in delivering solutions which are fit for purpose. You will be required to do some travel to London which will enable you to understand challenges within the business.
At Sainsbury’s Argos we are on an exciting journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers. We're a business that has a great history but we are also seriously transforming the way we do things now and for the future.
As a Leadership & Development Business Partner your main responsibilities will be to:
* Lead the learning agenda for the Marketing, IT & Digital divisions through developing a framework that drives a learning culture by championing personal development. Key to this will be to effectively engage and influence stakeholders and support unlocking potential of colleagues in these areas.
* To provide support and challenge for line managers to foster a learning culture across the business and to support them with the development of their teams.
* Assist the learning needs analysis process by proactively identifying opportunities for development.
* To support the delivery of Argos’ core behavioural development framework “The Academy” as well as high potential talent development programmes.
* To support in the design of functional bespoke learning initiatives required to underpin functional business activity across Argos. In some cases, this will also involve delivery.
* To seek creative and engaging opportunities to encourage and embed the 70:20:10 approach to learning by encouraging peer to peer and experiential learning.
Your skills and experience will include:
* Experience in the design & delivery of experiential training materials.
* Good understanding of learning styles ideally gained within a leading Retail Digital environment.
* Delivered L&D solutions from start to finish i.e. from TNA through to evaluation.
* Ability to quickly understand multiple areas of the business to advise in creation of training materials and approach.
* Take personal accountability and ownership for all deliverables.
* Work proactively and at pace to deliver required milestones.
* Be confident in delivering content in engaging style.
* Possess strong ability to adapt style and work well with different audiences.
* Able to handle conflict well and effectively build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
* Leads by example, is open to feedback and demonstrates the values of the company.
Refresh your career. Revolutionise retail. Argos is shaking things up. We’re going digital in a big way and giving our customers more of what they want, when they want it. It’s nothing less than a retail revolution – and we need all kinds of talent to lead it. We need savvy buyers, smart technologists, switched-on store advisors, and everyone in between. With over 800 stores and 29,000 employees, we’re one of the biggest names on the high street. We’re famed for our catalogue. But that’s changing fast. Since 2012, we’ve been moving into digital in a big way, introducing everything from apps and digital stores to Fast Track collection and home delivery. With other innovations in the pipeline, we’re set to transform the way millions of people shop. There’s never been a more exciting time to join us.
What you’ll get in return:
If being part of a hugely influential HR team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 24 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, health care, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.