As Argos accelerates its journey to reposition itself for a digital future, an exciting opportunity has become available for a Digital Designer to join the Digital Design Team.
We are looking for a creative, digital design champion to design, develop & build best in class digital creative for Argos digital channels including our website, Mobile, Apps, CRM, and Display & Affiliates. You will be ensuring that Brand Creative Guidelines for BAU formats are maintained and be responsible for the “look & feel” of Argos within the digital space. An ability to find creative solutions that do not compromise site performance or commercial objectives is vital so a natural flair for creative design as well as a strong knowledge of digital design is essential.
Working closely with the Design Lead and Senior Digital Design Manager, you will be proactive in deciding the visual appearance of Argos creative online. Having full responsibility for the quality and effectiveness of creative produced, it is essential to ensure that the Argos brand is correctly reflected.
You will also have a high degree of visibility within the business, working closely with key stakeholder teams (Design, Content, Trading, Marketing and Brand) to deliver a market leading creative execution and optimum customer journey across Argos key digital channels.
Make digital history
We’ve set our sights on becoming the UK’s leading digital retailer. And we’re now assembling the best talent in the industry to make it happen. It’s nothing short of a reinvention. We’re not just transforming our business model. We want to transform the way people shop. And working in our Digital Design team, you’ll play a pivotal role in making that happen.
Argos sells over 50,000 products and, with over 900m visits to our online, tablet and mobile channels last year, the roles within these teams are critical to company performance.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent – in a creative discipline
* High level of commercial experience of responsive web design using the latest Adobe platforms.
* Ability to produce artwork from initial brief right up to build.
* Experience in HTML/XHTML & CSS
* Good understanding of SEO, accessibility and usability design for the web.
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas to line manager and other non-graphical team members to gain sign off, working across teams and other functions to find solutions.
* An experience of using data visualisation techniques to improve user experiences with complex data.
* Understand business objectives and be able to relate design decisions to achieve those objectives.
What you’ll get in return:
As well as the usual company benefits, which include, 24 days holiday, save as you earn, discretionary annual bonus and company pension scheme, you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.