Lead UX Architect
Excellent Salary + benefits
* Are you superbly talented at defining digital experiences?
* Do you thrive working fast in multi-disciplinary teams and enjoy managing people?
* Are you hankering to work with other UX talent to provide the ultimate design solution?
The UX team at Argos is growing and we need a Lead UX Architect/Designer. It’s a challenging role; still very hands on and part of an agile team but with the additional responsibility of managing a team of 7 UX Architects plus ensuring the quality of work we produce, the processes we use and working side by side with the Lead Visual Designer to ensure a consistent experience across all of our channels and functions – that’s responsive, native and store devices. We’re an agile organization and truly customer focused/driven – and we move fast (yup – seriously - it’s a corporate world…. but we push hard). You’ll need to be flexible, open to change and have smart design solutions as we move into a world of machine learning to supplement our usual UCD approaches.
We are looking for the best: a multi-talented team player who advocates UCD, uses insight to inform their design decisions, enjoys conceptualising and innovating new solutions. Experienced in the basics - research, workshop facilitation, persona definition, usability and information architecture - the successful Lead UX Architect is comfortable working with business and executive stakeholders across Sainsbury’s Argos and across multiple multi functional agile teams. You will be experienced in developing and implementing processes, techniques and methodologies to ensure efficient delivery of all UX outputs. Our in-house UX research team means we test every week with customers. It would help if you have strong project management skills, a history of managing design teams and extensive experience designing service experiences and user interfaces, preferably with a solid understanding of retail.
You will support the Head of UX in delivering strategic creative solutions to drive the Argos brand and digital experience forward and ensure that all work undertaken by the UX team is executed to the highest standards.
All applicants must provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates their ability to deliver a first-class User Experience
* Years of experience in research, workshop facilitation, persona definition, usability and blueprinting the information architecture
* Provide first class Information architecture, wireframing, interaction design and UCD skills and deliverables
* Have managed teams of interaction designers / information architects
* Worked on large scale projects with the ability to converge design solutions and functions together
* Have worked in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver insight-driven solutions, advocate design solutions and gain stakeholder buy in
* Can demonstrate a solid track record of creating intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
* Daily tracking and mentoring of the User Experience Architects, across multiple streams
* Career & management responsibilities for the User Experience Architects team
* Mentoring, training junior User Experience Architects
* Work across teams and other functions to find solutions to escalated problems from the team
* Conceptualise, develop and document innovative information organization structures, interaction designs, page-level content organization, navigation, and prototypes of digital products for your assigned agile team.
* Develop user interface designs using knowledge of customer tasks, product functionality requirements, knowledge of user interface architecture, knowledge of UI best practice and industry/company interface standards
* Develop appropriate prototypes of designs to meet testing and communication needs.
* Clearly communicate User Experience approaches and design decisions to stakeholders and project team members.
* Collaborate with Visual designers, Copy writers, Product Managers, Business owners, and technical teams
* Facilitation of workshops and collaborative design sessions to ensure full buy-in to your vision
* Champion principles of usability and user-centered design
* Collaborate with team members and clients to ensure that the integrity of the experience is maintained through launch
* Facilitation of workshops and collaborative design sessions
* Understand design needs and convert it to a digital offering on multiple channels.
* Extensive experience creating interfaces, large scale websites, or applications
* Degree in design, architecture, HCI or related discipline
* Demonstrable portfolio of designing for complex digital interfaces, with experience in creating and delivering site maps, wireframes, interaction specifications and other information architecture assets
* Previous experience managing UX teams
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to synthesize many data into coherent information design direction
* Desire to produce the best experiences in the industry, regardless of complexity or channel
* Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to software, web and mobile development
* Successful portfolio that demonstrates your ability in creating first class products
* Capacity to think holistically
* Engaging presentation style
* Solid writing and visual communication skills
* Ability to play nicely with other team members
* Experience with wireframing and/or prototyping tools to demonstrate your design approach and vision
* An appreciation of all other UX roles and their contribution to the final product
* Agile (in some form or another)
* Experience in designing for mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows8
Nice to have:
* Previous Agency experience
* Experience in retail sites