Argos Analytics & Business Intelligence (ABI) team supports several key business functional teams such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, Contact Centre etc. We deliver and support over 1800 BO reports, 1000 informatica jobs, 6+ datamarts spread across on-prem and Azure cloud. The BI estate is used by over 10,000 users on a daily basis.
The ABI team is continuously looking for better ways to improve business decision making by making sure the right information is in right hands at the right time. The team has been responsible for introducing Cloud BI, real-time BI and other current innovations in Argos. The team works with and encourages brining in new thinking, new cutting-edge technologies and thought leadership. We have recently brought in Hadoop and kafka into the technology mix to enhance our capabilities in supporting our business needs.
What you will be doing
* Working as part of a fast moving team and using Agile delivery methodologies, you will focus on developing cutting edge, high performance ETL code in a variety of environments such as on-prem, AWS and Azure clouds. You will work with relational databases and some of the new age data sources such as Hadoop
* Developing code, being hands-on and also leading a team of ETL developers to produce ETL designs and actually develop code in the most current technologies
* Collaborating closely with the business to develop advanced data ingestion and transformations using tools such as Talend 6.3 and Informatica
* You will be responsible for delivering and maintaining real-time or near-real-time data pipeline
* Constantly learning new skills and the latest techniques in data architectures such as Hadoop and Kafka
* Be the go-to person for all matters related to the ETL
* Bringing the recent trends in petabyte scale development technologies to Argos
How will you be doing this?
* Using various tools to ingest and process the data
* Using best in-class and cutting edge methodologies
* Coaching and leading by example a team of highly committed ETL developers
* By keeping abreast of latest in ETL and Big Data field
Skills & Requirements
*At least 8+ years of experience in datawarehousing, ETL, Big Data space in a sizeable Retail company.
* Hands-on development experience combined with leading and coaching ETL developers. This role will require hands-on development skills – not just team leading.
* Seeing data as asset and able to present the benefits to senior business stakeholders
* Proven expertise in reading data models and using Erwin
* Knowledge of Azure, AWS, Hadoop, Kafka and Spark; Proficient in Talend and/or Informatica with experience of several editions
* Thorough understanding and passion for data
* Drive to learn new skills, contribute to the team and to improve
* Ability to work individually as well as in a team
* Agile experience is required