Are you a skilled Business Analyst?
Do you have a proven track record of setting realistic goals and meeting them?
Is your style characterised by personal motivation, organisational skills and communication effectiveness?
If so, this may be your opportunity to join the Distribution IT team on a 12-month contract as an IT Business Analyst.
We are currently looking for an experienced IT Business Analyst to join our high performing IT Distribution team. Quite simply put the main purpose of your role will be working with the Distribution operations and IS teams to gather requirements and scope the technical design of new initiatives with our Distribution network.
Sound good so far, great read on for more about the role and the type of person you need to be…
What will I be doing as a Distribution Analyst?
- Play a key role in design authority for Distribution and Transformation programme changes and supporting business delivery of projects associated to Transformation and or other group projects providing input into any new products or service design across the business to include, involvement in design, test and delivery phases
- Provide consultancy to business areas in developing and using new/improved facilities to aid in the meeting of their objectives and assist business solution implementations where this is the most appropriate and effective answer to the problem/opportunity identified
- Provide support services to business areas to ensure that development projects are implemented correctly to maximise the agreed benefits
- Working closely with Distribution Operations and IS management to devise and scope systems development initiatives
- Carry out, or assist the Implementation Managers in, the planning of projects from initial definition through to implementation
- Carry out business analysis and business systems design, compliant with the Information Systems Development standards, to ensure that systems developed fully meet the business requirements
- Adherence to Architecture and strategy standards
- Support technical and user acceptance test phases by walking through and communicating design
- Provide timely communication to the Implementation & Distribution IT Development Manager on progress and issues
- Manage business user expectations
- Provide input to the selection of new tool-sets as required
- Carry out reviews of business issues and recommend solutions
- To ensure that design aligns to the original objectives of a project
- Provide continuity and guidance for business processes with the development teams.
- Undertake feasibility studies for new/changed business initiatives.
How about me, what skills should I have to be successful in this role?
- Evidence of excellent delivery skills
- Substantial evidence of leading/delivering successful business analysis &/or requirements management &/or process modeling &/or business change across a range of programmes or projects
- Excellent BA skills including the ability to identify the correct BA approach, and apply standard analytical techniques and methodologies
- Strong analysis and business system design skills are required. Formal training in analysis and design methodologies is preferable (e.g. Data modelling, Process modelling, Entity Lifecycle, etc.)
- Experience in completing standard documentation from feasibility study through to business analysis
- Ideally have experience of delivery within a Retail Distribution environment as many applications would be Distribution focussed
- Sound generic IT skills, plus good process modelling and presentational IT skills
- Significant experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders, including seniors
- Provide Business context and contribute to Strategic Plans and objectives for use by Senior Management. Help ensure work plans are aligned to benefits
- You must have had formal Project or Programme Management training (Preferably PRINCE 2 and or MSP) and be able to demonstrate the use of recognised project management tools
Also what sort of person thrives this type of role?
- Enjoy spending time finding out what motivates others, and encourages them to share their ideas
- Questions assumptions and enjoys finding innovative solutions to requirements and problems, analysing possible options to see which one might work best
- Values the opportunity to work on your own initiative, being confident in planning ahead and involving others at the most appropriate stage
- Is an excellent communicator, using your skills to draft and present persuasive and credible ideas to diverse stakeholders at all levels
- Is enthusiastic about working in a team with shared goals, and is a key player in creating positive working relationships
- Always aims to deliver the best possible service, making sure that you ask customers the right questions to deliver exactly what they require
- Strives for improvement, being able to plan a way forward and overcome barriers to make sure change is possible
- Is personally committed to learning and improving your professional knowledge and skills.
All sound good, great stuff….