Argos Distribution is transforming...how can your leadership support the change in our DCs?
Distribution is the lifeblood of the company. Argos as a whole depends on ensuring that customers get the goods they want, when they want them. What the customers don’t see is the vast, sophisticated supply chain and logistics operation that makes it all possible and the people that make that happen day in day out all year round!
That's where you come in as a Team Manager on Nights.... interested then read on.
Shift Pattern - Sunday – Thursday on week rotating onto Monday to Friday the next. Working 5 days out of 7
Leading a team of up to 60 Colleagues daily and 150 in peak periods we are looking for talented individuals with line management experience to achieve the shift/weekly work targets through the effective motivation and utilisation of the team which supports in the overall delivery to a great customer experience.
Being a Team Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a high standard of communication through team briefing, consultation, employee reviews and one-to-one conversations
- Improving operational performance in service, cost and colleagues in line with agreed approach ensuring sustainable change
- Maintaining operational compliance to all agreed processes ensuring all Team Members work accordingly
- Assisting in the selection of future team members, ensuring full functional training is carried out; identify further training needs and ensure effective training is carried out to maintain operational efficiency
- Controlling and allocating work, monitoring progress to ensure hourly/daily/shift workload/tasks are completed, keeping senior management fully informed of any operational issues
- Continually monitoring individual performance, (performance, accuracy, attendance, attitude and behaviour) taking appropriate action to improve standards.
To be successful in this role we ask that you:
- Are ideally educated to GCSE standard, with qualifications in English and Maths
- Can demonstrate previous line management experience, preferably within a Logistics/Distribution environment
- Have a solid understanding of how the functions within a warehouse interact and influence customer service
- Showcase strong inter-personal skills and ability to lead a team through effective motivation
- Are competent with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc...)
- Have previous experience of grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Demonstrate good commercial acumen with the ability to understand basic budgets and cost controls and how their departmental performance influences them.
You may have experience of any of the following: Warehouse Team Manager, Logistics, Distribution, Warehouse Section Manager, Retail, First Line Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, FLM etc...
Argos is a unique, multi-channel retailer, recognised for choice, value and convenience.
Our leaders instinctively motivate and engage with their teams, keeping them in the know to support the delivery of a great customer experience within our stores. We support, develop and work with our leaders, which helps people understand and support our transformation into a “Digital Retail Leader”.
What you’ll get in return
A competitive salary, discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, 24 days holiday along with colleague discounts.