The imagining, building, operating and evolving of great technology is the engine of growth for Argos.
Argos Technology is behind the website (900million visits per year), Apps (6million downloads), the supply chain and distribution (same day delivery). We are the engine making everything work; solving problems and building software, fast, with the aim of creating unrivalled user experience for our customers. We’re looking for engineers with a strong belief in agile delivery, who believe in fully testable and maintainable code. You need to have a curious mind and always looking for opportunities to improve solutions, process, yourself.
Argos is changing it's technology platform from a monolithic architecture to microservices, based on Java, React.js and Cloud computing. We need a solid, well tested code base to accelerate our Agile innovation and this role is key to providing that in our new landscape.
What you’ll actually be doing
* Designing reusable software validation suites with oversight from senior members of the team and management
* Demonstrating ability to consistently deliver quality automated tests of low-moderate complexity, using an appropriate tools, within a functional area without clear requirements
* Implementing software using modern patterns of software test development for functionality and scalability. Understanding of CI/CD pipeline and how automated tests are run as part of that
* Implementing automated tests to validate software using appropriate frameworks and methodologies (to include but not limited to unit testing, integration testing, function testing, regression testing, smoke testing, accessibility testing, uat testing) for assigned work
* Demonstrating ability to define, implement and execute automated tests for functionality
* Developing as a role model for strong work ethic and accountability
* Training new members of the team when necessary
What you’ll be using
* Mock Servers (Wiremock etc)
Experience & Skills
* Ideally a degree in computer science (or similar) or other technical qualification(s) with exposure to programming
* Sound test automation experience in a technology organisation with history of delivering software systems and platforms
* Experience in implementing a validation suite or testing frameworks or platforms
* Experience implementing testing solutions with a high degree of relevancy to Argos technical environment
* Working knowledge of manual testing and willingness to do manual testing when required