Distribution is the lifeblood of the company. Argos as a whole depends on ensuring that customers get the goods they want, when they want them. What the customers don’t see is the vast, sophisticated supply chain and logistics operation that makes it all possible and the team of people that make that happen day in day out all year.
If you have the drive, energy, initiative, good communication skills and are also great at planning and organising then this role could be for you......
So what will I be doing in the role?
Have you previously worked as an Administrator and have the ability to provide comprehensive admin support to the key members of the Argos Distribution Leadership Team? If so read on and see if you are a great fit for this role. As a Distribution administration support you key areas of focus will be:
- Effective daily management of diaries
- Prepare information and documentation required for meetings
- Assist with any presentation material when required
- Offer, or seek out, solutions as required
- Meeting minutes and actions documented in DLT, National Forum and adhoc sessions.
In terms of the general administration task you will doing some but not all are below:
- Co-ordination of papers and agendas for meetings
- Ensure expenses and Barclaycard forms and submitted appropriately.
- Raise purchase orders using Coupa
- Administer MyView holiday / absence system including payroll adjustments as required
- Book and arrange any travel requirements, hotel accommodation, off site events, through the appropriate route e.g. Capita (our travel booking agents)
- Progress actions where possible, keep a record of actions from meetings and chase where necessary
- Stationary and admin supplies management for sites
- Coordinate and sign off process for central controlled overheads
- Attend team meetings
- Additionally a key part of the role will also be networking with PA's, and fellow colleagues across the Central Distribution teams.
I like the sound of the role what sort of person will I need to be?
- You will need to be competent in a range of Microsoft packages e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc
- Skill in shorthand would be great but it's not a deal breaker
- Be cost conscious kind of person so we can drive the best cost when booking meetings, travel arrangements, external venues etc
You will also need to be:
- Be self-motivated, have good personal time management, be able to work to tight deadlines, and be able to organise not only his/ herself but the Leadership team to ensure an efficient and effective service is provided at all times
- Be able to cope with a diverse workload, to prioritise effectively and to monitor all work through to its natural conclusion - no day is the same here so be prepared
- You will need to be able to act with a high level of confidentiality as some of the activity you will see or be involved in will be of a sensitive nature
- You will need to forward think, use your own initiative, be creative and articulate in the presentation of all work prepared
- A good team player and be willing to support the wider team when needed - team work is key here at Argos
So, have we wetted your appetite and you’re raring to go?