Do you have a proven track record in first class customer service, an excellent telephone manner and organisational skills? If so, keep reading….
We are looking for you to have an aptitude for working with IT applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
In a nutshell you will be providing a first point of contact for Distribution customers, improving their experience by using service management processes and best practices to manage all contacts. You will also be actively monitoring the business processes supported by IT and managing the interactions with group IT Service Desk and Distribution as a customer.
We have 5 of these newly created roles available on a 12month Fixed Term Contract basis and the team will be providing support for a key project in Distribution that supports our Distribution network strategy; so you will be part of something big.
What will I be doing as a Distribution IT Support Desk Analyst?
Using your expertise as part of a wider team you will be covering the following areas of responsibility:
Service Management – Customer Contact
- Manage customer contact to the Support desk, either via Telephone calls or via Email. Registering the customer issue within the agreed SLAs and providing 1st line fix where possible.
- Raising incidents with the Group IT Service Desk on behalf of the customer where there is no 1st line fix option or provide guidance to the customer of the correct action to take in order to get their issue resolved quickly.
- Communicating resolution details, escalation detail or update information routinely to the customer to ensure that they are kept up to date at all times.
- Work on a shift rota basis, providing necessary shift cover as set out by the Support Desk Manager.
Monitoring & Control
- Actively monitor the IT operational activities as defined by the IT Operations Manager. Resolving any issues which arise through event management processes using agreed services levels, processes and procedures.
- Ensures consistent approach to all activities by using approved Standard Operating Procedures and Knowledge Articles. Raising any issues or process errors with the Support Desk manager immediately for resolution.
Continual Service Improvement
- Monitor ticket volumes and patterns and identify opportunity to improve the service we offer to the customer. This could be through a customer education program or via creating a new Knowledge Article.
Hardware & Facilities
- Provide centralised management of distribution mobile hardware i.e. RDT’s, printers, tablets.
- Provide 1st line break/fix services to all distribution hardware where appropriate, calling on support from hardware manufacturers as and when needed.
Acceptance into Service
- Takes ownership of own development, ensuring that new services being transitioned into support are trained within the team and that the knowledge articles are appropriately updated.
How about you, what does it take to be successful in this role?
To work as a Service Desk Analyst you will be the type of person who:
- Develops long term relationships with relevant key stakeholders and maintains regular heart-beat contact.
- Be involved in decision making and suggest improvements to the services offered to the end customer.
- Take ownership of customer issues, seeing them through to a successful resolution and ensuring that customers are kept informed throughout the process.
- Establishing robust monitoring of all key critical services and applications, ensuring that suitable minor recovery and disaster recovery plans are in place, suitable and regularly tested.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams with different priorities
- Has the ability to prioritise tasks with different levels of impact and urgency
- To further strengthen your application it would be great if you also have ITILV3 Foundation
For all of this we offer the following in return:
This role offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive company benefits, which include, 24 days holiday, discretionary annual bonus and company pension scheme, you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own dreams.
Good to go? Click apply....