Helping Distribution make great decisions in terms of manpower and strategy is what this role supports. Your role is not only about doing great things in providing support for our Distribution department but ultimately has a direct impact on our customers.
Distribution is the lifeblood of Argos and you’ll be in the thick of it along with another analyst to help support the successful running of the distribution function by ensuring that all reporting is timely and accurate- the data you send will have a sizable impact on the function. You will be working as part of a small Central Distribution Planning team in our Head Office that means you will have many links with other functions as well as liaising with the Distribution Centre management and planning teams.
In a nutshell the role of a Distribution Analyst is to produce activity forecasting/budgeting and operational plans, statistical modelling and managing information so it’s fair to say you need to have an attention to detail but also like data. You will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting on divisional plans and activities whilst identifying areas for continuous improvement and increasing efficiency.
What will I be doing as a Distribution Analyst?
Along the way to supporting your stakeholders you’ll enjoy a varied range of responsibilities:
-Production of all workload forecasting and budget data for the division, developing operational plans for store allocation, stock intake and capacity capabilities.
- Monitoring of workload and operational activities, interpret data, produce and publish reports, bringing anomalies and opportunities to the attention of the appropriate management.
- Development of reporting and modelling methods.
- Deliver data that supports the longer term strategic planning process
- Maintain the Central Distribution data, with ‘plan’, ‘actual’ and ‘budget’ information all tracked and measured.
- To identify data available from warehouse management systems, extract and use to improve the planning processes.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to senior Distribution Managers to agreed timescales.
- To actively ensure that your approach and activities are customer focussed
- To construct and maintain a Business Continuity Plan for the Central Distribution function, liaising with other divisions and external agencies as required
How about you, what does it take to be successful in this role?
- Be able to think creatively and logically to construct and use computer models to simulate operational situations and analyse data to evaluate the validity of plans
- Take a proactive approach to foresee problems and take action before they arise, acting as a source of assistance and knowledge for other functions and DC’s
- Ability to think creatively and logically to construct and use computer models to simulate operational situations and analyse data to evaluate the validity of plans
- Needs to pro-actively identify areas for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- To be able to understand the needs of the customer and tailor reports and presentations accordingly
- Ability to interact with people from various areas of the business at different levels to create and present your data
- Although working in a small planning team you will need to ensure improvement opportunities are investigated and discussed
- Strong analytical, statistical reasoning and numerical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of PC based spreadsheets and databases using both Microsoft and Access
- Knowledge of other data-mining tools are desirable, e.g. VBA and SQL
For all of this we offer the following in return:
This role offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive company benefits, which include, 24 days holiday, save as you earn scheme, discretionary annual bonus and company pension scheme, you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own dreams. In short, come in deliver and your career could progress as fast as our business is.
Good to go?
Click apply to kick start the journey.