iOS Developer - London
As an iOS Developer for Argos you will be working on one of the UK’s largest retails apps.
What you will be doing:
* Working as part of an agile team to develop new features
* Collaborating closely with designers, testers and product to get each feature right
* You will be responsible for delivering individual features
* Constantly learning new skills and the latest techniques in iOS
* Opportunities to work on our API’s and build tools
How will you be doing this?
* Working in Xcode and/or Appcode
* Writing in Swift and Objective-C
* Using Fastlane for deployment
* Writing tests using XCTest (UITests & Unit tests), Quick & Nimble
* Contributing to how we can continuously improving the team
* We work in Scrum so all the usual agile ceremonies
What we have worked on last quarter
* Price drop notifications
* Complete analytics refactor
* Auto classing
* Writing our own APIs to implement promotions on apps
* New trolley redesign
* 3d touch and touch ID
Skills & Requirements
* At least 2 years of experience developing for iOS. Send us some links to your Github or the Appstore
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Passion to learn new skills, contribute to the team and to improve
* Experience working in Swift & Objective-C
* Experience writing unit tests
* Experience working with UITests
* Experience working in another language
The imagining, building, operating and evolving of great technology is the engine of growth for Argos.
Argos Technology is behind the website (900million visits per year), Apps (6million downloads), the supply chain and distribution (same day delivery). We are the engine making everything work; solving problems and building software, fast, with the aim of creating unrivalled user experience for our customers. We’re looking for engineers with a strong belief in agile delivery, who believe in fully testable and maintainable code. You need to have a curious mind and always looking for opportunities to improve solutions, process, yourself.
Argos is changing its technology platform from a monolithic architecture to microservices, based on Java, React.js and Cloud computing. We need a solid, well tested code base to accelerate our Agile innovation and this role is key to providing that in our new landscape.