Software Engineer – EAI, Middleware and Data Engineering
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on middleware\EAI integration projects. The Software Engineer – EAI, Middleware and Data Engineering plays a pivotal role in maintaining and evolving application integration architectures across the group.
What you’ll be doing
* Working within a SCRUM development team to define and size backlog user stories for activities across group middleware.
* Undertaking business as usual development on all aspects of middleware, including legacy IBM products and project initiatives aimed at open source alternatives.
* Contributing to middleware projects, including migration away from legacy message broker environments.
* Working within the team and across other teams to help deliver a centre of excellence for all middleware activities.
* Contributing to efforts to define a best practice strategy for continuous delivery techniques and automated testing.
* Maintaining and monitoring quality of code, test procedures and delivery of middleware components.
What we’d like you to have
* Experience of Websphere Message Broker (ideally version 8) development in a complex application landscape.
* Knowledge of MQ series architectures.
* Hands on experience of Apache Kafka publish\subscribe architectures, administration and support of Kafka clusters, and development of Kafka producers and consumers.
* Experience of Java (7+) application development.
* Knowledge of modern dev ops practices, continuous integration\delivery and Jenkins.
* Knowledge of microservice environments and HTTP RESTtful interfaces.
* Experience of Spring frameworks, Spring cloud and Spring Boot.
* Knowledge of containerisation and orchestration. Docker experience.
* AWS knowledge
The imagining, building, operating and evolving of great technology is the engine of growth for Argos.
Argos Technology is behind the website (900million visits per year), Apps (6million downloads), the supply chain and distribution (same day delivery). We are the engine making everything work; solving problems and building software, fast, with the aim of creating unrivalled user experience for our customers. We’re looking for engineers with a strong belief in agile delivery, who believe in fully testable and maintainable code. You need to have a curious mind and always looking for opportunities to improve solutions, process, yourself.