The Argos Media Business is responsible for a revenue stream into Argos by creating omni – channel campaigns and utilising new technologies to monetise digital platforms. We work with brands to create targeted and inspirational content for our customer’s objectives which generates interest, awareness and/or sales for their products and brand.
As the UK’s leading omni-channel retailer, Argos provides a unique offer of choice, value and convenience to meet customer needs, selling products through over 800 stores, website and mobile apps. This is an exciting and rare opportunity as an Ad Operations Manager to work in a hugely successful department for a digital retail leader with serious ambition!
We are looking for a bright and ambitious Ad Operations Manager to develop, implement and grow our programmatic media within the Media Business.
You will join a small but perfectly formed team who are overachieving against targets. Your input will be essential to our future growth as you utilise your digital ad ops expertise to guide the team, business and clients to achieve optimal set up of all programmatic platforms.
- Work initially with Google Dfp and relevant internal teams to devise the strategy, develop and agree rules in order to deliver at pace the Media Business’s ambitious programmatic growth plans.
- Be an expert, leader and champion in programmatic best practice. Keeping abreast of emerging technologies, make recommendations’ and incorporate into future plans.
- A senior hands on role, someone who can lead but also implement is key.
- Educate the sales team and wider business on application and benefits of monetisation of programmatic media - providing knowledge and ad operations training.
- Monitor and track and report on programmatic revenue and campaign performance.
- Astute relationship management at all levels, including influencing and excellent interpersonal skills required both across the breadth of the Sainsbury’s Argos business including: Marketing, Digital Marketing, Digital Development and Commercial functions as well as externally.
Your skills and experience:
- You'll have spent time working in the programmatic space and having mastered implementation you're looking to lead in a new area of investment.
- In depth knowledge of ad serving and Ad Exchanges such as DoubleClick, Rubicon, and the ability to demonstrate a technical knowledge of the space.
- Ability to think creatively through both customer and commercial lenses to deliver market beating plans.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous and with changing situations and stretching targets.
- High level of resilience and tenacity required – must be able to deal with significant and consistent challenge from across the business whilst maintaining a positive and proactive style.
- Drive and passion that are infectious in order motivate others to deliver sales targets.
What you’ll get in return:
Our company benefits include, 24 days holiday, save as you earn, discretionary annual bonus, company car allowance, private medical insurance and company pension scheme, you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.