Software Development Engineer - Customer Management Centre
The imagining, building, operating and evolving of great technology is the engine of growth for Argos. Argos Technology is responsible for the website, Apps, our in-store digital experience, supply chain and distribution, order management, customer service and the data behind all of this. We are the engine making everything work; solving problems, building software, fast, with the aim of creating an unrivalled user experience for our customers.
We are changing our technology platform from a monolithic architecture to microservices, based on Java, React.js, Machine Learning and Cloud computing. We are looking for engineers with a strong belief in agile delivery and who believe in fully testable and maintainable code.
On top of that we want like-minded Engineers who are able to talk about what they have done, how we develop our technology and importantly shape our engineering culture here at Argos.
What you will be doing
* Designing a brand-new software platform
* Writing Front-End and Back-End code
* Working in sprints with two-week delivery
* Refining stories with business owners/analysts and playing planning poker
* Escalation support (we have a dedicated apps support team for 1st & 2nd line)
* Visiting our customer management centre (every few weeks) to see your software in use
* Java 8 with Spring and Hibernate
* NoSQL(Redis) & SQL (postgres)
* Windows & Linux
* Git, Docker, Jenkins, Webpack, Selenium
* Degree in computer science or other technical programme with exposure to programming
* Experience integrating with 3rd Party WebServices and API's
* Microservices & unit testing experience
*Ready to enjoy working in a small motivated team on front-end and back-end software
At the heart of Argos is a desire to deliver a first class experience to every customer. Great stores and a great website are only part of that vision. In our Customer Management Centres we handle telephone, web-chat, email and social conversations directly with our customers. Our agents are muti-skilled, able to handle concurrent conversations across these different channels. They are our front-line troops representing Argos often in sensitive conversations that will shape the way that Argos is perceived as a retail brand. To do this our agents need all of our business and customer knowledge at their fingertips, plus access to numerous third party systems and services, in order to expertly resolve any customer query or order.
Working in the Customer Management Dev team means that you will meet with contact centre agents, managers and product owners on a daily basis at stand-ups, demos, retrospectives, planning poker and sprint planning, getting direct feedback from an enthused team that want us to succeed and support them with great customer centric applications.