Software Development Engineer – Payments & Fraud
London – Origin Tech Hub
We are looking to hire an established back end software engineer to work on our payment service as we have very interesting technical challenges to overcome and solve.
We are The Money Team; the Payments & Fraud team here at Argos have worked tirelessly to make the most exceptional, quality focused payments experience in the world. Why not try to be the best when we are the 2nd biggest e-commerce website in the UK!? We build secure, scalable and robust integrations to a multiplicity of payment methods and we are the pioneers with React and Redux for our front-end payment components. Our mission is to provide a simple yet comprehensive payments API, useable anywhere in the estate, one that abstracts any complexity in the underlying flows. On the back-end we manage that complexity in an elegant and extensible way through micro services. Instrumentation and monitoring is a critical part of our approach.
Technologies in our stack for this role:
Java 8, Node, Python, Docker, Spring Boot, WMB, Kafka, on a micro services architecture running on AWS, deploying to Mesos & Marathon.
Deliver a massively scalable and performant payment service that underpins all of our channels (web, apps, contact centre etc.) and offers a full range of payment types.
Challenges we're excited about tackling:
* Making Nectar points a first-class payment type.
* A truly frictionless payment experience based on customer trust.
* ML based fraud assessment.
* The huge opportunity afforded by Open Banking / PSD2.
* Native payment technologies.
We are looking for people with:
* Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality code. Experience in Java, C++, Python, Scala or similar languages is essential.
* Industry experience building and productionizing with messaging technologies. Any production experience of WMB would be a distinct advantage.
* Industry experience of both SQL and NoSQL data stores.