Exciting new opportunity has become available to join our Trading Finance Team.
At Sainsbury’s Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
We have joined Sainsbury’s in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.
The Central Trading Finance team is a team of financial professionals that drives business performance by effectively business partnering across the Commercial, Marketing & Digital teams. The team partners key stakeholders to make informed and effective commercial decisions and maximise value creation.
In this role, you will business partner the Synergy & Transformation Team and to ensure the delivery of the GFR synergy benefits with support from the Transformation & Synergies Finance Manager. You will work with the team to develop changes to systems, tools, processes and operating models (e.g. Digital trading cell) that will be required to operate the Commercial function within the future Sainsbury’s Argos business enabling more effective working practices and further synergy delivery. This will include delivering long-term business value by supporting the integration of the businesses processes and reporting, and influencing interrelationships of the commercial, marketing and digital teams.
What I need to do:
- Drive margin performance through cost, price & terms opportunities, tracking and understanding the financial impact of action plans, and helping to drive these through to completion.
- Contribute to the timely day-to-day reporting, planning, budgeting & forecasting activities with guidance from the Transformation & Synergies Finance Manager including:
• Tracking and reporting progress of synergies.
• Providing support and challenge to identify opportunities and risks and enable delivery through provision of analysis and insight.
• Reporting GFR synergy benefits to the Group Capital Planning & Benefits Realisation Controller for consolidation.
- Provide Finance input into relevant projects including:
• Identifying the changes to systems, tools, processes and operating models (e.g. Digital trading cell) that will be required to operate the Commercial function within the future Sainsbury’s Argos business enabling more effective working practices and further synergy delivery.
• Supporting the development of joint solutions across both businesses to align underlying processes & systems.
- Responsible for managing relationships with relevant stakeholders across all levels and including other functions, particularly Commercial in both Brands.
- Share relevant tools and lessons learnt with Finance & Non-Finance stakeholders.
Your skills & experience will include:
Qualified finance professional with relevant PQE experience – CIMA / ACCA.
Strong commercial acumen, curiosity beyond traditional finance boundaries and ability to understand key business drivers.
Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner.
Strong analytical skills, Excel & Access skills with attention to detail.
Fantastic inter-personal skills, an empathetic nature and a good sense of humour.
Team player with good presentation and communication skills (both verbal & written)
Ability to positively and proactively engage key stakeholders to build credible relationships whilst retaining professional integrity.
Experience in a large company environment, preferably retail.
What you’ll get in return:
If being part of a hugely influential Finance team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 22 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, health care, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.